Engine: 4.0 I6
Default pics from housers two weeks ago

Tommy ate it..but Mike pulled him out!

Old 06-08-2011, 06:28 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1987
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 liter RENIX I-6, DIY Cold Air Intake, 2.5 FM Exhaust, 3 Core Radiator

SWEET!!! Gotta love powerline access trails!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0 HO

Originally Posted by BuckB91XJ
SWEET!!! Gotta love powerline access trails!

Sarcasm right? Trespassing ftw... then posting it on the internet for everyone to see, even better.

This is exactly what makes the sport and those who partake of it look bad.

This is the only forum Im a member of that seems to condone this activity.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:14 PM
CF Veteran

Engine: 4.0 liter RENIX I-6, DIY Cold Air Intake, 2.5 FM Exhaust, 3 Core Radiator

Dude!! I don't know what the laws are in NC but in Washington state there are many totally legal 4wheeling trail areas along powerline access roads. Some I've seen are gated, posted no trespassing or both but, many are totally open. My point is before you go balsting somebody about 4wheeling in illegal places and causing our 4wheeling trails to be closed you might want to do your research...and as for saying that the great people of Cherokeeforum condone illegal 4wheeling, well that just isn't true.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Seasoned Member

I am quite aware of the laws in North Carolina, and yes, powerline trails are ILLEGAL in NC, about a decade ago many of them were legal, but that is no longer the case. Most powerline trails in NC are not gated, and many do not have no trespassing signs, but they are illegal, and if your caught you will receive a trespassing charge.

If powerline trails are legal where you live, thats great, and I envy you for having so many trails nearby, I know many powerline trails, I used to play on them when I was in Highschool until I became more aware

I have seen many threads, with these same kind of posts, posts asking about where trails are (illegal ones) and other things, and it always seems to be viewed as generally acceptable on this forum and it irritates me, at the same time I am trying to get people to come out to do volunteer work to keep a legal wheeling spot up and running, and there is no interest.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:55 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 92
Engine: 4.0

Wow can't we all just get along. Lol
Old 06-09-2011, 12:24 AM
CF Veteran

Simma down now, highwater....lol...That was no argument. Just 2 brother XJ owners and wheelers, discussing the different 4wheeling laws in states on the opposite coasts. I will level with you though. I used to 4wheel a lot more of the powerline access trails back when I was highschool aged, too. More and more of them are being gated but, there are still a few open so long as irresponsible wheelers don't go in there and tear them up.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:54 AM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by SteelersXJ
I am quite aware of the laws in North Carolina, and yes, powerline trails are ILLEGAL in NC, about a decade ago many of them were legal, but that is no longer the case. Most powerline trails in NC are not gated, and many do not have no trespassing signs, but they are illegal, and if your caught you will receive a trespassing charge.

If powerline trails are legal where you live, thats great, and I envy you for having so many trails nearby, I know many powerline trails, I used to play on them when I was in Highschool until I became more aware

I have seen many threads, with these same kind of posts, posts asking about where trails are (illegal ones) and other things, and it always seems to be viewed as generally acceptable on this forum and it irritates me, at the same time I am trying to get people to come out to do volunteer work to keep a legal wheeling spot up and running, and there is no interest.
I hate to bust your bubble brother but where these pics were taken it is completley legal to ride, we paid to get in to this park and these old trails are a "LEGAL" part of it. so dont hate on us for posting this pic without completley knowing what your talking about. I was there on that day.

Sorry nothing personal but I am 32 years old and have been doing this since high school, I do not promote any illegal trails and I always clean up the trails I ride. I have always respected the laws and the land I ride on.
SO for you to jump on here and make assumptions and start talking trash about people you dont know instead of asking about this first you are just being a fool. i agree with your ideas but you are just flat wrong in this case!! Also take a closer look, do you see any "POWER LINE" in any of these pics???? NOPE no sir not a one!! None of these pictures he posted show any illegal activity at all!! I rest my case.
Next time dont be so quick to judge!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:07 AM

Simma down now, highwater....lol...That was no argument. Just 2 brother XJ owners and wheelers, discussing the different 4wheeling laws in states on the opposite coasts. I will level with you though. I used to 4wheel a lot more of the powerline access trails back when I was highschool aged, too. More and more of them are being gated but, there are still a few open so long as irresponsible wheelers don't go in there and tear them up.
Agreed. it is a shame how too many dumb kids have trashed trails and caused them to be shut down over the years, I hate to see it but it has happened alot.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:12 AM

oh yeah by the way Steeler where are you trying to organize a clean up and when, If its not to far and I can make the date I am interested in helping out.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:57 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 92

Lol. Yeah I'm guilty too. I use to wheel the ol powerlines too . There were all kinds of people out there ,dirt bikes ,jeeps ,and trucks .
Old 06-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Seasoned Member

This is where I saw the powerline, you can understand my frusteration.

Yakis, its at Uwharrie National Forest, there is a thread.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:42 PM

sorry man i am not trying to be rude, i do understand your frustration and agree with your idea that people should not promote the riding of illegal trails giving the sport a bad name, but as I said i was with these guys when these pics were taken and all these pics were taken in a legal area that we paid money to ride on.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Seasoned Member

Thats cool, I used to have permission to wheel on a powerline trail from the landowner Duke Power leased the property from, however now Duke Power is not as friendly, and does not let anyone on the land.

Whats the place called and where is it? I am always looking for new places to wheel.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:34 PM

Year: 99

hey the only reason i got stuck was because i didnt have 4wd....otherwise would have blown right thru

Quick Reply: pics from housers two weeks ago