Carolina Beach, NC

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 10:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Carolina Beach, NC

Hello folks, I'm new here, and returning to beach driving after about 25 years. We've recently bought a 1999 Cherokee Sport, that has a mild lift kit and oversized tires.
We decided to buy another 4x4 after all these years, because of the hassles of trying to find parking at the local beach accesses, and because my beautiful bride of 36 years has COPD, so any excess walking is tough on her....now we can park a few feet from the surf. This will also be exciting for our 6-yr old grandson, MJ.

If I remember correctly, there used to be a "Beach Buggy" group that drove the beaches years ago...are they still around? I haven't been able to find anything related to that.

We are more interested in driving on the sand, as compared to driving rocks or mud, but I'm not opposed to any of it, but the Jeep isn't really set up for some of those more difficult routes.

We've already got the Season Pass for the Fort Fisher section of beach, and I'll probably get the Freeman Park sticker in December, when the annual pass is discounted.

I'll be looking for any suggestions and ideas for driving the beaches of southeast NC.

Here is a photo of our Jeep on the sand.

Hope to hear from others who are in the area....
Take care,
PapPappy (Bill)