North Atlantic Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Washington DC

Intro to the pines sep 24th (new Jersey)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 07:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Model: Cherokee
Default Intro to the pines sep 24th (new Jersey)

After alot of requests I have decided to put together a ride through the pines for those who are not very familiar with them, don't have snorkles and have paint that they care about. You could bring a brand new 2011 Escalade on this ride and not have to worry about scratches or wet carpets. We will stop at a few different landmarks throughout the ride and midday we will have a late lunch at the Green Bank Inn. We will start at the Atco Raceway around 11:00AM and the ride will end in the Lacey Township area. We will be in Wharton State Forest, Brendon Byrne State Forest, and Greenwood wildlife management area. Remember guys, this is for the beginner and or the guys who cares about his paint and interior. Those who are more experienced may find this ride boring, however are more than welcome to tag along. Also remember this is not a brand specific ride, I will be posting this on a few different forums. Depending on recent weather conditions some wet sand may splash up the sides of the vehicle, but any actual mudholes will be bypassable. This will be a kid freindly ride, I will have all 3 of mine with me ( 14 month old twins and a 3 year old)
Reccomended but not required:
Tow point (esp. if you don't plan on going around any mudholes we may encounter)

Strap (same as above, no hooks on end, no "tow ropes" from autozone)

CB ( nice to stay in touch throughout the ride)

Vehicle must be street legal for the State of New Jersey (Same laws on the road are enforced in the woods)

Snacks and Beverages (non alcoholic-Alcohol is prohibited from all New Jersey State parks and Wildlife management areas)

Bug spray

Good attitude (I hate *******s)

camping:
As most of you know already, the ride that I'm putting together for Sep. 24th is going to end at a good freind of mines property. He was kind enough to let us do this. The land is a pristine peice of the pines with some good, water and mudholes and even some small hills. There is a huge area that is used for camping, a clean cedar creek runs right on the edge of this camping area and is perfect for swimming or bathing. 9/24 may be pretty cold to swim though. there is a few things that people have to know though.
1) Respect the land
2) tread lightly
3) take out what you brought in ( there is no dumpsters or trash cans so make sure you bring trash bags).
4) bring food, and a grill or else you will be hungry ( there is no food or drink stand)
5) If you (or significant other) do not feel comfortable going #1 or 2 in the woods, please don't camp.
6) It cost $20 a person (minus kids) not per vehicle. You no pay? you no stay!!
7) this is a family based event. Respect others camping near you. If you know you are going to be loud and rowdy till the wee hours of the morning, try not to camp next to those that are trying to go to sleep at 10:00pm.
8) Alcohol is permitted, you can damn well garuntee that I will be drinking if noone else is.
9) No Drugs, weapons, fireworks etc.
10) this land is blocked off from every dimension you can think of, you will not be able to get in or leave other than the locked gate that we will come in by. I'm not going to give the code out to everyone. If for some reason you must leave for an emergency, I will let you out of the gate. (#2 depository at a local restroom is not an emergency, running out of beer or ice IS and emergency.)
11) there will be a waiver to sign covering the landowner from lawsuits. For every person they WILL sign one. If you have children that are minors you WILL sign for them.

I will have copies of these waivers at the event, so that way your co-pilot can fill them out during the ride. This will save sometime once we get to the land. I can also scan a copy of the waiver and send it to you by email, if you leave me your email address, at this point you can mail it back to me, scan it and email it to me or fax it to me. I do not want your $20 till we get to the land. At that point I will do a head count and have people sign a sheet stating that they paid. The number of people I count will match the number of $20s that i have. This money will go directly to the landowner. I prefer getting the waivers done and out of the way. The less paperwork i have to worry about, the sooner I get to my beer. the sooner I get to my beer, the bigger my smilie gets.
I'm looking forward to this day and looking forward to meeting all of yall
Old 08-11-2011, 07:44 AM

Heres the list so far. yes it's rather large.

NJJA:

Mudboy
RedZJ
Toad97
dasilva4x4
jeepzilla609
MudTJ
shadowouch
Toywheeler
Boots
BIGRIG05 (possibly)
Garvin (possibly)
WBG ( couple others)
omgwtfxj (few others)
jobrien (+1)
John__505
Weezerpiebald
Greenmeanie (+1)

jeepforum:

dennis461
Demolition X
nottusyeroc (and a few others)
sk1er18
stanbo
brunkhorse
cascivic
Ebrown37
lifewalk
Stamos
nj-rubi
baytide
Beefstew
jkrat
nmitsu22
Jeep Green 4door
Grimm5577
Asored2000
05WKinPA
DaveWK42 ( +1)
Yatzi1980
straty1987
TheHighLow
YJSXJ (maybe)
wjnewguy

Misfits4x4:

Xdaily & 87Chevy (same vehicle)
Foryota (possibly)
Jeep Thing (possibly)

Explorerforum:

876lugSTX aka HEC
tgreene92
Paraphoe
LiKuiD
Dreddog47
?????
tbird8862 (maybe)
Bats (maybe)
05fronty
Govna47 (maybe)
MustangAndy (maybe)

Fullsizebronco:

JMSC1115
bigblew79
DamageIncNY
rooster454
Deadeyedevon (+ a few more)
2ndhelping

Jersey Devil:

gmczr2 (maybe)
KingOfThePines (maybe)
91Blzr93xj
Sal (maybe)
F35088 (few more)
JerseyGirl4x4

Jkowners:

Unsub
Sniper's
Fun Wagon
wishbear
JerseyJeep95
Dancin Dan
jeeperjkj

TriStateTuners:

RussianKid (possibly)

Got Mud:

Me-Kevin
Mike
Andrew
Karl
Carlos
Naz
Chris
Alex
Frank
Will
Jason
Joe
There will likely be more. I don't know who is bringing families yet

Outlawed Offroad:

Victim of pain
tripleg

wrangler forum:

Srad600
Deputy45
456yj
blue smokey (+1)
BRunyon7

cherokee forum:
98sportjeep (maybe)
CentralPAXJ (maybe)

Last edited by mudboy; 08-12-2011 at 05:06 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:30 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 98
Engine: 4.0

holy shyte thatsd alott of people!! Soiunds like a Good time... I may be up for this one!!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:49 AM

Yeah, alot more than I expected. Alot of people know me from living in the Pines for many of years and being out there every weekend for the most part. From this I was getting quite afew people who wanted to go out and check the area out but didn't want to destroy their vehicle, so I decided to put together a "boring" ride lol. I could not believe the response I got, so now I'm just going for huge. The land we are going to be camping at is 900 acres of trails, some have some decent water holes and there are some good mudholes as well. I'm thinking of setting something up with "Wounded Warriors" and taking in donations. It's hard for me to see an event this big without some kind of good meaning behind it as well.
As far as the size goes i have been having alot of people questioning how the hell I'm going to keep everything moving smoothly. I'm going out and buying somehand held radios that will destributed to a few individuals that will be in communication with one another to make sure we don't loose anyone. Me up front, One guy in the back and one or two in the middle. I also have one guy who is going to be cruising the woods a ways behind us and popping out at different intersections, just incase someone has to leave or they breakdown. he will take people back out to the nearest paved road and help anbody out who breaks down so that way the whole group isn't held up. I believe with the route I'm taking everyone, there should be no broken vehicles during the day unless their vehicle was already in poor shape. Now at night when we get to the private land..... who knows what may happen lol.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:35 PM

Year: 1995

This sounds like a good ride for a new wheeler like me, I'm gonna request off work and if I get the night off I want in on this lol.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by CentralPAXJ
This sounds like a good ride for a new wheeler like me, I'm gonna request off work and if I get the night off I want in on this lol.
exact reason I put it together!!!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:15 PM

I'm definitely going and I'm pretty sure my buddy is gonna go too.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:24 PM

Year: 97

How far is atco from connecticut border does anyone know?
Old 08-16-2011, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Cujo
How far is atco from connecticut border does anyone know?
Pry about 3 hours?
Old 08-16-2011, 09:22 AM

Mmmmm... Gotta ck the calender.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:26 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 98

Pry about 3 hours?
Id say more like 4-5 hrs!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 99

damn this is a big event! should be fun!!
Old 08-16-2011, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by 98sportjeep
Id say more like 4-5 hrs!
Greenwich to Atco
Attached Thumbnails Intro to the pines sep 24th (new Jersey)-image-917080739.jpg  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:21 PM

Centralpaxj your the man thanks
Old 08-16-2011, 03:29 PM
CF Veteran

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 88
Engine: 4.0 HO

Greenwich to Atco
Dang! thats further than rausch creek!

Quick Reply: Intro to the pines sep 24th (new Jersey)