North Atlantic Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Washington DC

Is anybody else ready for the SNOW????

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 10:31 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 98
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Is anybody else ready for the SNOW????

I know I am, I never had a vehicle that could actually not have problems in the snow.. My DD is an 03 Acura, It drove pretty good in the snow, but with all that now last yr, I wasnt able to do nada... Im looking forward to plowing threw mounds of snow and doing a lil hill climbing!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 10:47 AM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1987
Engine: Check

I'm almost ready. Still a couple months away, though.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 98

Yea i kno . I shulda put Fall/Winter,, Bc Hunting Season starts in like 2 weeks!! Bonfires.. Beers( without needing ice) Just a great time of year!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 2000
Engine: I6

If/when it comes I'll be ready
Old 08-24-2011, 01:34 PM

Year: 1991

We don't get much snow in these parts (believe it or not in Canada) but we occasionally get a big dump. I'll be ready and looking forward to it because it's when we get the big dumps I make a bit of cash on the outside... extracting morons, that don't know how to drive, from a snow bank.

What is it with these people that can't drive on dry pavement yet feel they have the experience to get out and drive in the snow? It's not only stupid...it's dangerous to other drivers out there.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:36 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Bugsy
We don't get much snow in these parts (believe it or not in Canada) but we occasionally get a big dump. I'll be ready and looking forward to it because it's when we get the big dumps I make a bit of cash on the outside... extracting morons, that don't know how to drive, from a snow bank.

What is it with these people that can't drive on dry pavement yet feel they have the experience to get out and drive in the snow? It's not only stupid...it's dangerous to other drivers out there.
Don't ***** too much. You'll take away a source of money...for both of us.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 99

I'm getting kind of pumped. Only because it'll be the first winter with my xj, can't wait to see what it can do. Oh and snowboarding. But i hear ya bugsy (and i'm guessing you're on the west coast) in my part if Canada we get alot of of snow, and as soon as that first flake touches the ground all hell breaks loose. I think it may have to do with new immigrants? Who knows.
But I'll definitely be playing in some snow banks.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:22 PM

Our winters are usually so mild, we get an inch of snow and it's pandemonium... the city shuts down!

I would get a plow mounted on the front but that would be kinda redundant with the pathetic snow drops we get. Best to just drive around looking for stranded motorists that thought a Smart car was capable of driving in anything more than a light dusting. You'd be surprised at what some people will pay to have you pull them out.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:27 PM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee(XJ)

I'm almost ready, the XJ is getting there. I think I'd rather play in the snow than anything else.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 99

Originally Posted by Bugsy
Our winters are usually so mild, we get an inch of snow and it's pandemonium... the city shuts down!

I would get a plow mounted on the front but that would be kinda redundant with the pathetic snow drops we get. Best to just drive around looking for stranded motorists that thought a Smart car was capable of driving in anything more than a light dusting. You'd be surprised at what some people will pay to have you pull them out.
Do you have a truck you use? Or are you saying you cruise around in your jeep and pull people out for cash? Because that sir, is a very good idea.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by ThunderThighs
Do you have a truck you use? Or are you saying you cruise around in your jeep and pull people out for cash? Because that sir, is a very good idea.
I just got an XJ recently. I haven't done anything to make it trail-ready yet but that's coming soon. I got a set of really beefy 16" tires on rims for a sweet deal and the front bumper/grill gaurd/winch is on order now. I'd like to throw out a couple grand to get a 6.5" lift but that would be double what I paid for my rig. I'll survive with a 4-4.5" lift. Kinda drooling over those Liquid Iron sliders.
I will be ready for snow!
Old 08-24-2011, 03:06 PM
CF Veteran

Get good tires. That will be the biggest help in the snow.

I've got a tow strap permanently mounted to my XJ for tugging people out. Its a blast.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0L 6 CYL

Well with triple digit heat and 50to 60 percent humidity around here for the next month or so i could go for some snow. We dont get much around here so you guys may need to export some to AZ for me. To play in the snow we have to travel up to northern AZ to play.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0 I6

I'll be ready when I get new tires and lockers, which probably won't happen until mid-late-after winter.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:01 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L High Output

The only snow we get in Houston is the kind that comes out of a can

Quick Reply: Is anybody else ready for the SNOW????