Need some help in Middle TN/shackle and spacer lift

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Need some help in Middle TN/shackle and spacer lift

Hey guys, I have run short on money and I am questioning my ability and limited tools to install my 2" Shackles and spacers. Im not affraid to get dirty and do most of my own minor work from brakes, engine parts to oil changes. I am short on cash but I do have some things to barter including a case of your choice beer. I have a nice Black and Decker table saw worth at least $125 a Jensen 330 watt amp worth at least $50 and a 10" sub by Kenwood. I really want to get these shackles and spacers on this weekend and have had a few people offer me the install for $100. I just dont have it, plus i was surprised to find the kit at my front door because they told me it was not shipped. Anyway if any one wants to help me out let me know. I dont even mind doing most of the work I just dont have the tools and skill. Thanks Guys....btw... Im in Nashville/brentwood TN
Old 07-17-2010, 08:42 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0 L

You can do it man,I promise I did mine with limited hand tools a floor jack and bottle jack.One thing though you said though... you just got it(lift) For about 3 days BEFORE mine got here I PB blasted the bolts to make sure they came out as easily as possible,The old ones might come out fine never know.Hell if you were closer I would be glad to help you.You could all ways drive up here I have a big garage and some better tools now!If you start installing and get stuck just post up on here and I am sure someone will be able to answer your question or help out
Old 07-17-2010, 09:03 AM

Thats part of the problem, I dont have a floor jack or jack stands. Cant really afford to buy them right now either. I had the money saved for tools etc. or even just to pay someone to help me but I had to use the cash on an unexpected emergency.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:49 AM
CF Veteran

Well drive up any time seriously
Old 07-17-2010, 10:01 AM

Before I knew better I replaced the rear shackle with some cheap Autozone brackets that i hate but i was able to get the rear off. That hard part of the job is out of the way, i just have to replace the shackles I put on there a few months ago. I am just worried about the front springs. Without a floor jack and jack stands I cant really drop the front axel enough (all guessing) to fit the new spring in. I appreciate your offer and if I still lived in Knoxville I would be on my way. I guess if I cant find any help between today and tomorrow I will just wait a couple weeks and pay someone to do it.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:11 PM

Well I got my rear shackles on but now I need to get my coil spacers in. I just dont think I can get those done myself. Again if there is anyone in the nashville franklin area that can lend a hand. I can come to you. Like I said before I dont have the cash right now but I do have a nice 330 watt Jensen amp and a 10" sub I can give you.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:34 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by ken72
Before I knew better I replaced the rear shackle with some cheap Autozone brackets that i hate but i was able to get the rear off. That hard part of the job is out of the way, i just have to replace the shackles I put on there a few months ago. I am just worried about the front springs. Without a floor jack and jack stands I cant really drop the front axel enough (all guessing) to fit the new spring in. I appreciate your offer and if I still lived in Knoxville I would be on my way. I guess if I cant find any help between today and tomorrow I will just wait a couple weeks and pay someone to do it.
I would buy a floor jack and stands.That should cost less than paying someone.And you will have the satisfaction of being able to say you did it.If you can do brakes you CAN do this too.Your gonna need a jack any way your a Jeep owner!!LOLCan you borrow a jack?

Last edited by Skunkape; 07-17-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Skunkape
I would buy a floor jack and stands.That should cost less than paying someone.And you will have the satisfaction of being able to say you did it.If you can do brakes you CAN do this too.Your gonna need a jack any way your a Jeep owner!!LOLCan you borrow a jack?
I dont have any friends with things like that. I am the only one of all my friends that even know how to turn a wrench.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:57 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you log back in tonight shoot me a pm. We can pull it into the barn at my brothers house in Mt. Juliet and have those spacers in in no time. We have all the tools needed for this project. Will be glad to lend a hand.