Kentucky Boy

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1988
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Kentucky Boy

any fellow cherokee owners live in kentucky would like to meet some wheeling buddies i live in hodgenville
Attached Images  
Old 04-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Renix Super Guru

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 1990XJ/1989MJ
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0L Renix

bigbad you might get some responses if you post in the correct geographic section.

BTW I like that grill on your XJ. What does it come off of or from.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:08 PM

im new to the whole forum thing any help would be great. thats the stock grill btw its an 88 pioneer
Old 04-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L

Hey bigbad and welcome! I'm from Lebanon and live in Bardstown now, so just around the corner from you. Know any legal places to wheel around here? I'm a noob to offroading but I'll be wanting to get out when I get my lift and new tires on soon.

Was that you that had the tranny spewing yesterday? Did you get that worked out?
Old 04-07-2009, 06:42 AM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Year: 87
Model: Wagoneer
Engine: 4.0 I6

Radcliff here.

When's the Barb-B-Que!
Old 04-07-2009, 09:10 AM

i know some little spots and ive seen some orv parks online but my uncles got about 170 or more acres that hes plannings to put some trails on soon. i know what you mean i just lifted mine and havent been able to drive due to the tranny spewing the fluid everywhere its at my uncles in green county so i havent been able to work on it like i want too.

and a bar-b-que would be pretty cool stryker get some of the closer guys to meet up and get to know each other better and figure out some wheeling spots by the way where are the badlands that ive been hearing a lot about
Old 04-07-2009, 10:43 AM
CF Veteran

About 3-4 hours from me. About 50 miles west of Indy. The next thing I am planning on wheeling at is 491 in Ky. It is the 18th of this month.

What wrong with the Tranny! As I told Eric (96XJSport) If I ain't too far away from ya I don't mind helping out if ya got problems with your heep.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Seasoned Member

Here's the thread with his tranny problem https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/tranny-problem-13698/

Bigbad, could it just be overfilled? Mine was overfilled when I bought it and it would spew running down the road. Drained and filled with the correct amount and all was good.

Maybe I'll have a BBQ/lifting party I *might* be ordering my lift kit today...

Stryker, what/where is this 491 location of which you speak?
Old 04-07-2009, 12:08 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by 96 XJ Sport

Stryker, what/where is this 491 location of which you speak?
I have told you time and time again to join NAXJA lol. We are the Midwest Chapter over there.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=991318
Old 04-07-2009, 05:06 PM

overfill is a possibility not now haha, ill double check this time. i think ill check the breather tube and fluid level and just try it again and go from there. if i can get my "heep" running which really fits my jeep id like to go to 491 the only other orv park ive been too is randolf orv in manhattan, kansas near ft. riley it was a blast have you guys ever been there or heard about it? and eric if im not busy let me know when you get your lift and if im not busy i wouldnt mind helpin you too by the way im danny
Old 04-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by XJ Stryker
I have told you time and time again to join NAXJA lol. We are the Midwest Chapter over there.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=991318
haha! ok ok, I'll start browsing over there and maybe just maybe I'll join Judging by that thread, there does seem to be some more local action over there, that's cool. You said over there you're getting yours put back together...what's up with your stuff?
Old 04-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by bigbadcherokee
overfill is a possibility not now haha, ill double check this time. i think ill check the breather tube and fluid level and just try it again and go from there. if i can get my "heep" running which really fits my jeep id like to go to 491 the only other orv park ive been too is randolf orv in manhattan, kansas near ft. riley it was a blast have you guys ever been there or heard about it? and eric if im not busy let me know when you get your lift and if im not busy i wouldnt mind helpin you too by the way im danny
Thanks Danny! Nope, never been near Kansas... I will post up when I start the install...lift was ordered today! I'm sure I won't be ready for 491 on the 18th. My schedule is packed this weekend with Easter and won't have the lift until next week anyway. Then my wife works on the 18th and I'm hangin with the kids. I could go on, but our family schedule is CRAZY...love it, but doesn't leave much time for THE HOBBY
Old 04-07-2009, 10:51 PM

id like to go too but cant really make plans till it gets closer. i know what you mean with the family schedule i got two boys and a girl due in early june so i really dont get out much unless i take the boys and they are 1 and 2 year old so cant really do a whole lot. but yeah cant wait to see your posts of the lift
Old 04-08-2009, 05:56 AM
CF Veteran

I am not even sure I will make the run as I said my Jeep is tore apart at the moment. What am I doin well hmmm. Rearmain seal, oil pump, front seal, timing chain, oil pan gasket. Then I have a rear leaf spring to replace. Finally brought my oil pan to work today to clean it up in the solvent tank. I had to call summit racing becuase the gasket they sent me with the oil pump was damaged on the shipment (I finally got the new one yesterday) So I am about to be cooking. You are welcome to come on over and help me figure out what the hell I am doing. I am just winging it LMAO.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:44 AM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by bigbadcherokee
id like to go too but cant really make plans till it gets closer. i know what you mean with the family schedule i got two boys and a girl due in early june so i really dont get out much unless i take the boys and they are 1 and 2 year old so cant really do a whole lot. but yeah cant wait to see your posts of the lift
Congrats on the new baby coming soon! A boy and two girls myself, 6, 4 and 9 months and I pretty much don't go anywhere either without one or two of them!

Originally Posted by XJ Stryker
I am not even sure I will make the run as I said my Jeep is tore apart at the moment. What am I doin well hmmm. Rearmain seal, oil pump, front seal, timing chain, oil pan gasket. Then I have a rear leaf spring to replace. Finally brought my oil pan to work today to clean it up in the solvent tank. I had to call summit racing becuase the gasket they sent me with the oil pump was damaged on the shipment (I finally got the new one yesterday) So I am about to be cooking. You are welcome to come on over and help me figure out what the hell I am doing. I am just winging it LMAO.
Man, you are getting greasy down there. I'd love to come down and help. My next two weekends are full, but I'm off work on the 24th and the whole week of the 27th if you still have anything left to do, so LMK!

Quick Reply: Kentucky Boy