Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

wheres that
Old 10-14-2009, 10:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0H.O. I6

I live in central Indy and I have heard nothing but good things. They say it is nice because you can camp there and wheel from sun up to sun down and they are less strict on the rules like Badlands can be. I can't say for sure because I have never been there so I can't say too much. I, personally, would like to go to both but Haspin is supposed to be great. There are some Youtube videos from haspin you might check them out. One of these days I will make it to one of these places....
Old 10-15-2009, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have been to both and by far haspin RULES. far more aggressive trails and much more room to "run" you will have a great time. if you drive your rig there you gotta be a little more careful. mine is off road only so it gets the trailer ride. i can get a little more adventurous without the worry of how to get it home.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:29 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0 i six H.O.

i also heard that haspin u gotta watch for a whole bunch of atv riders. but i like the idea of wheelin from sunup to sun down and camp there if u hav too.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:07 AM

Year: 1990

I just bought a XJ, so I haven't wheeled at Haspin or anywhere. But I have ridden ATV's and dirt bikes there. The thing that you need to watch out for there is the Idiots getting drunk and wheeling ( Buggys, trucks, quads, bikes etc. ) and then throwing there bottles all over the place.

Also from a Sport Quad stand point, the trails are getting really chewed up.

Jet
Old 10-18-2009, 05:11 AM

Engine: 4.0H.O. I6

I have heard that the trails are getting bad also. Not sure what they can or will do about it???? I hear Badlands is much better kept but a lot more strict so you win some and lose some. Haspin is about an hour and a half from me and Badlands is about 2 hours away. I live in central Indy....not a whole lot of places to wheel around here, except by the river and even those are under water sometimes....damn city
Anyway, I don't believe in trailering my rig where I wheel so I would be driving to each place and would have to be careful so I can make it back in one piece. Never been to either, but hopefully next year, that will change....
Old 10-18-2009, 09:28 PM

Year: 1990

92 MuddyCherokee,
I live on the South Side of Indy. And would like to go check out White River with you sometime. I'm only in town T,W,Th though unless I'm on Vacation or Sickcation. I have ridden Quads from Southport road up to the powerplant.

Has for Haspin, I doubt that they will fix the trails. They do grade the main road thru the woods often.

I'm up for going to any of them during the week.

Jet
Old 11-05-2009, 07:47 AM

Year: 1996

92 MuddyCherokee,
i'm in Indy too. i work in broadripple. my co-worker and i both have cherokees. we went to haspin a while back and it was pretty fun. the drawbacks i noticed were that the trails aren't marked at all, and yes i did see a few bottles and some trash here and there from careless jackasses. it would be nice if the trails were marked so you would know where you'e going. that's the good thing about the badlands.

i have to drive my cherokee every day to work etc. so i'm not all about submerging it in muck and nastiness or abusing it either. however, when we went to haspin it had rained and was still raining off and on. needless to say it was greasy as ever and plenty muddy. took me about 20 bucks and 2 trips to the car wash to get it clean again.

will i go back? sure! i really want to go to the badlands though.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:36 PM

Year: 1998

i live in lafayette and have only been to badlands solo in my daily driver so i would love to go with others that could pull me out if i get stuck we should plan a trip
Old 11-11-2009, 09:11 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000

Originally Posted by karate80
i live in lafayette and have only been to badlands solo in my daily driver so i would love to go with others that could pull me out if i get stuck we should plan a trip

ill be there(badlands) on the 28th, with a group ill pull ya out if you get stuck, let me know if your intrested
Old 05-27-2010, 12:05 PM

haspin is the most fun i have each year. period.

if you dont like drunks or you dont like to watch guy's dare each other into doing something completley rediculous in a off road vehicle then dont go; you wont have fun.

some of the best built rigs that you ever dreamed of roll through that place. i see something f'ing incredible everytime im there.

search "devils backbone" videos usually dont do it justice but ive seen some real carnage there... everywhere in that place for that matter...

def worth the drive.

p.s. ill be there this weekend... if you like to wheel/camp/party with, for the most part, good people get your **** there!
Old 06-03-2010, 11:11 PM

i havent been there yet but i plan on going down there the weekend of july 17th with some friends

hope to have a good time

i know some people who live in the area or have been there before and they say its awesome
Old 08-15-2010, 06:22 PM

Year: 2000

just got back, this morning all weekend thing, it was awesome, dry then super wet and nasty from storm made the fire trails fun as hell then sticky go anywere with a slight challange mud. it was fun, my buddy in his stock xj couldnt go alot of places but still tryed
Old 08-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Seasoned Member

Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6

I'm trying to set-up a trip there with a bunch of people for next year hoping to be a hell of a time any interested?

Quick Reply: haspin acres