Wheelin spots in KS

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Talking Wheelin spots in KS

Thought it might be beneficial to throw up a list, if possible, of wheelin spots in KS. If you know of a couple good spots post a pic or two and it's location. I'm just starting out in the Jeepin world, so I don't know of any around here and would like to find a few fellow wheelers.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:45 AM

Randolf (Tuttle Creek ORV) is located north of Manhattan Kansas. They have everything from bottomless mud pits(found them the hard way), slick muddy trails with loose rock, and a rock garden.

http://s628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/shotgunner87/

a few picture of my rig but for better pictures go to

http://www.trailkrawlers4x4.org
Old 11-06-2009, 09:04 AM

Year: 1996
Engine: Inline 6 4.0HO

around mulvane kansas there are big river trails with sand, deep mud pits, and some fun little trails, great for biggeners, than we have geuda springs wich is under a bridge and it is fun to splash around in. than we have muddy mile. its a farm road that has ruts and mud and lots of people go there.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:31 AM

Default off road spots in kansas

hey whats up? i know of some spots in elk county by howard ks, about 45from wichita. also know of some spots in wichita but there not to legal... does anyone know spots in northeast ks?? around the lawrence area. i just gettin into the jeep world aswell.. let me know
Old 12-06-2009, 05:50 PM

Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L

Originally Posted by adamdarbro
around mulvane kansas there are big river trails with sand, deep mud pits, and some fun little trails, great for biggeners, than we have geuda springs wich is under a bridge and it is fun to splash around in. than we have muddy mile. its a farm road that has ruts and mud and lots of people go there.
Are these Legal places to wheel???
Old 03-02-2010, 11:00 AM

As far as I know, the river trails are NOT legal. A friend told me they will just run you off if they see you, but I recommend not getting stuck back there! My buddy rides his enduro bike back there all the time tho.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:39 AM

Engine: Inline 6 4.0HO

i have never gotten in trouble back in thier and i have been back thier soooo many times and have been stuck over night.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:38 AM

Year: 1991

Anyone going out this weekend?
Old 03-03-2010, 12:01 PM

Nope, got a wedding. Plus my jeep is tore apart getting new steering right now
Old 03-03-2010, 01:10 PM

If anyone does go out PM me I am in wichita.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:56 PM

If anyone wants to go, some friends and I are going out to the trails on the south end of wichita on Sat the 20th. Post up here or PM me if you want to meet up. We are going out around noon or 1. There should be between 3-6 of us.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:45 PM

Year: 1994
Engine: H.O. 4.0 I6

Originally Posted by xj20004x4
hey whats up? i know of some spots in elk county by howard ks, about 45from wichita. also know of some spots in wichita but there not to legal... does anyone know spots in northeast ks?? around the lawrence area. i just gettin into the jeep world aswell.. let me know
There's a spot just North of Eudora, can't remember what highway it's off of, but if you take 15th street east out of lawrence and stay on it, it will take you almost directly to it, you keep following 15th until you run into a highway, then take a left(north) and the path to get there is between where you turn off of 15th and the bridge, it's gonna be on the left of the highway(west). Beware, if you go down there, you better have a pretty built rig with at least 33's if not bigger and they NEED to be mud tires, it is NASTY down there, but definitely the best mudding spot that I know of, and beware of standing water too, a buddy of mine hit a "water puddle" and the water went over the hood of his lifted Tacoma, sucked muddy water into the engine and ruined it, so be careful down there, try to get someone else to go with ya if possible, sorry about the crappy directions, hope you can find it
Old 04-24-2010, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ogre in KS
There's a spot just North of Eudora, can't remember what highway it's off of, but if you take 15th street east out of lawrence and stay on it, it will take you almost directly to it, you keep following 15th until you run into a highway, then take a left(north) and the path to get there is between where you turn off of 15th and the bridge, it's gonna be on the left of the highway(west). Beware, if you go down there, you better have a pretty built rig with at least 33's if not bigger and they NEED to be mud tires, it is NASTY down there, but definitely the best mudding spot that I know of, and beware of standing water too, a buddy of mine hit a "water puddle" and the water went over the hood of his lifted Tacoma, sucked muddy water into the engine and ruined it, so be careful down there, try to get someone else to go with ya if possible, sorry about the crappy directions, hope you can find it
i know of the place your talking about they fenced it off.. so r u from lawrence? going to school here? what does your rig look like i might have seen it around. mines a maroon cherokee 2000 classic with 31" att and 2" lift with the fender flares off. usually has a ladder on the top..
Old 07-01-2010, 04:28 PM

KS rocks in se ks bout an hour south of Olathe
Old 07-12-2010, 03:34 AM

Year: 2001 Ltd
Engine: Powertech 242 HO

Originally Posted by skidpl8
If anyone wants to go, some friends and I are going out to the trails on the south end of wichita on Sat the 20th. Post up here or PM me if you want to meet up. We are going out around noon or 1. There should be between 3-6 of us.
Hey Wichita Jeeper here... Whereabouts are these trails and can I get some stock wheelin action there?

Quick Reply: Wheelin spots in KS