Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Wiring lights Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 08:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Wiring lights Questions

HI. I'm 16 an i just purchased a 1990 Cherokee Laredo. It came with two fog lights on the front, a visor on the roof, and two small auxiliary lights on the roof. The man i bought it from only hooked up the fog lamps on the front, which he said was for legal reasons but now i'm stuck with a visor and roof lights that arent hooked up. He had already run wires an tried to explain to me how to hook them up but it all went right over my head. I looked where he was telling me i should hook them an it was some type of fusebox under the drivers side dash. The wires are run (1 from the visor, 1 from the roof lights and 1 ground) I just dont have any idea how to hook them up. How should i do this??
Old 02-07-2009, 08:16 AM
Renix Super Guru

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 1990XJ/1989MJ
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0L Renix

Originally Posted by Laredoman2011
HI. I'm 16 an i just purchased a 1990 Cherokee Laredo. It came with two fog lights on the front, a visor on the roof, and two small auxiliary lights on the roof. The man i bought it from only hooked up the fog lamps on the front, which he said was for legal reasons but now i'm stuck with a visor and roof lights that arent hooked up. He had already run wires an tried to explain to me how to hook them up but it all went right over my head. I looked where he was telling me i should hook them an it was some type of fusebox under the drivers side dash. The wires are run (1 from the visor, 1 from the roof lights and 1 ground) I just dont have any idea how to hook them up. How should i do this??
Going to move this to the Cherokee Chat section so you might get an answer more quickly. The Tech write up section is more of a reference section.