Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Wireing Glitch

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 02:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Wireing Glitch

Okay so im stumped on this one and cant seem to find my issue. I have a 95 jeep Cherokee XJ and last weekend went and hit some trails and on my way home my radio and interior lights and my power door locks quit working. I assumed it to be a fuse and sure enough I was right. I replaced the fuse and everything works just fine the radio powered on for a quick second and then shut off again but everything else still worked fine.

I rechecked the fuse, and the fuse was fine all if the interior fuses were fine. I then took out the deck thinking there was a lose wire and they all seemed fine I tested the yellow constant with the black ground and got my 12v I turned the key to on and tested the ignition with the ground and didn't get any voltage. so I wired the (yellow) constant and the (red) ignition together and pluged the radio in and boom the radio now works! but here is my real problem.

A while ago I took a factory dash clock out of a wagoner and installed it in my Cherokee I ran a wire for the constant into a blank BATT Slot in the interior fuse box it also needed an ignition wire for the light behind the clock so I plugged that in to an ignition slot in the interior fuse box as well.

With all that being said My radio still connected to constant will work sometimes. but every now and then it wont and also that clock I ran will reset itself like it lost power for a minute. my radio has always had this issue as well as in resetting its settings as it has lost constant power. It keeps resetting (the clock) but for the radio it wont turn on at all. But oddly my clock still works but every 6 hours or so it will reset its time at 1 again. Im thinking there is a shotty ground somewhere and should check but cant find where those grounds would be any ideas to fix this?
Old 08-21-2014, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee

anyone?!