Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Tune up half done because Quadratec can't count!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Tune up half done because Quadratec can't count!!

So last week I ordered the Accel tune kit that Quadratec sells on their site. I've used Accel products tons of times before and have no issues with them at all. My beef is with Quadratec and my very first order with them. I get home today and open the box to check everything out so I can get it installed after I eat. As I'm going through things I first notice this big clear bag that contains a large Accel Sticker, tube of dielectric grease, Plug wire retainers, and an instruction sheet. Problem is the bag has been clearly torn open and I'm guessing it should have actually been inside the box that contained the Plug Wires. I also notice that the cap box and the rotor box have both been opened before and in rough shape. I then look and see one box of four spark plugs which has been opened and then I notice a spark plug laying out of a smashed single box. And that's it!

Yeah they shipped me some already open stuff and then only 5 freaking spark plugs!! I'm shocked at how a company like this even feels that it's ok to ship product like this when it's pretty clear they just grabbed the stuff and just tossed it in the box and didn't even take the time to verify that it was even all there. I'm not impressed at all. For now I installed the plug wires, cap and rotor but will have to wait until I get spark plug number 6. It's hard to say how long that will take. So now I have to wait to call them in the morning to see why they even allowed this mess to be shipped and to see how well they treat a customer.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:14 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0L I6 HO

If you would have waited and not installed them,quadratec would have 1 dayed a new full set to you and more that likely paid for return shipping. They aren't always in control what the warehouse does. Sadly when order materials through my electrical suppliers, crap hAppens.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:27 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1987
Model: Wagoneer
Engine: Renix 4.0

Also, don't forget, lots of people have handled that package in the transit from them to you.

[sarcasm]
There's absolutely no way that someone stole them in transit
[\sarcasm)
Old 12-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Seasoned Member

Quadratec's box was fine and in great shape. It was the fact that the kit was a mess and the one spark plug was missing. It's obvious that this was returned and they just sent it back out without checking to see that everything was in good shape, in it's place and all there. It's like they just swiped the load off the shelf into the box and then shipped it. And trust me after I call them in the morning they will be next day shipping me the 6th spark plug.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:21 PM
Herp Derp Jerp

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L OBD-II

I guess someone wanted you to have that sticker more than that spark plug. Sticker ads WAY more horsepower, anyway.

6x NGK coppers
Belden or NGK wire set
BWD/Champion cap and rotor

Done. Support local business at your parts store, can't **** it up.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:26 PM
kgm
CF Veteran

Year: 99

Ermmm...
Old 12-10-2013, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big companies like that will usually try to make it right. I ordered an AEM Dryflow short ram kit for my XJ from Summit Racing. They sent me the right box, wrong kit. I get it partially installed and wonder why stuff isn't matching up. (Ya just gotta laugh at that one) SO, I call em Monday morning, they send UPS to me to pick up the box, then send me a new kit 2 day. Installed the new kit, she purrs like a kitten.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:55 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0L I6 HO

I had an issue when a company sent me leaf springs for a CJ. I didn't notice at first, was to happy to finally have new springs.went to install,saw they were wrong. Called them next. Company apologized, and had ups come to my door and drop off new onesand take old ones.i didn't need to yell and screw with them and i got everything settled.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:15 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

All companies screw up sometimes its how they fix the screw ups and stop them from happening matters.I have gotten the wrong part in the box from local auto part stores before.Always double check the parts when you get them and make sure you got everything.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:37 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Holiday season, that warehouse is busier than a 3 legged cat in a litter box.
Do you ever screw up at your job? Of course you do, everyone has an off day once in awhile. So before you get your panties in a bunch and lose it talking to the rep on the phone. Just let them know the problem. As for boxes being opened, boxes are alot like people, what's on the inside matters.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:31 AM

Year: 2000

Originally Posted by paragrunt
she purrs like a kitten.
They sent you the wrong kit. XJs are not supposed to purr like a kitten. Send it back....
Old 12-10-2013, 07:47 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1998

Why would you order a tune-up kit from Quadratec? No NAPA, or even IdiotZone or Advance Auto's around you?
Old 12-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Seasoned Member

Hey don't get me wrong guys I support the locals but even a week ago when I did my ball joints and axle seals two different auto parts stores screwed up. I live 25 miles out from town so having to do a 50 mile round trip on my dime pisses me off when I get one of four ball joints that is longer than the old one. This after I call in to get them ready and ask to make sure they are all correct and the guy says no problem they are the right ones. The seals were a whole different mess with me telling the counter clown that it's a non disco and he still pulled the wrong seal twice, hell I had to show him on his own computer which one to pull. Sometimes it's easier to go on line and order what i need and have it sitting at home waiting for me. Also the local shops don't always have what I want. Not to mention if I can save 8.7% sales tax and get free shipping I'm gonna take advantage of that in a heart beat.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:04 AM
Seasoned Member

Well I just got off the phone with Quadratec. They guy was kinda short but did say that what I was shipped should have been all in one big Accel box with all the other smaller parts boxes inside and then that box inside the shipping box. He basically just said he's gonna next day me a whole new kit and to just use the call tag and send back what I don't use and then hung up on me. From his tone he sounded really disgusted like this kinda thing has happened a lot. Anyways I'll wait and see what shows up at my door Wednesday. I wasn't pissy and simply just asked to have the one spark plug shipped.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:28 AM
kgm
CF Veteran

Year: 99

Yeah he's probably pissed at his warehouse. Ha ha. I used to deal with the shipping guys screwing up ALOT and I started taking it out on customers, whoops!

Quick Reply: Tune up half done because Quadratec can't count!!