Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Transmission Cooler Line replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 02:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Model: Cherokee
Default Transmission Cooler Line replacement

I got a small leak in the rubber part on one of the lines i got the new line and i'm getting ready to put it in and the guy at the parts store told me i needed a fuel line disconnect tool so i bought one and i went to look under and noticed that there are plastic clips in the oem fittings on the hoses and my new line didn't come with one for the transmission side fitting and was wondering if it should. Do i just push both ends of the clip in and pull out on the line. I don't want to take a chance on breaking the orignal ones until i know what they are called and where i can get a new one at if i need it. Should this have came with the new line? Also the new line has metal tabs on the quick connect fitting that looks like you would need fuel line disconnect on but the factory one looks like you just pop the clips. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:43 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

That little plastic clip will most likely be destroyed when you remove the line from the radiator. Mine did last week when I replaced my radiator. You can get the clips at the autoparts store. Just ask them for fuel line quick connects and they should find them for you. Also make sure that line is on there good mine popped off last night and I lost all my trans fluid. Had to leave my Jeep on the side of the road due to it being Christmas eve and everything was closed.