Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Swapped Sunvisors.....Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 04:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Swapped Sunvisors.....Please Help

I have a 87 cherokee that had a saggy headliner and sunvisors. I had a new headliner upholstered. He said it's nearly impossible to reupholster the sunvisors due to needing a expensive special machine. The OEM sunvisors were really long and met in the middle with a bracket. My new ones are much shorter due to the newer model cherokee i got the great shape ones out of having a overhead console. Due to that there is nothing above the headliner for me to mount the sunvisor brackets to the ceiling above headliner in this new shorter location. Problem is I already installed the headliner before realizing the bracket they clip into won't mount to ceiling. Can anyone think of a way of mounting the brackets the sunvisors clips into, to the ceiling above the headliner in an OEM fashion so it also holds the headliner up WITHOUT me removing my whole interior again to get the headliner out to fab something up? Only thing I can think of is trying to get a good pair of OEM length ones. Does anyone know of anyone or anywhere I can get a good set? I apprieciate it. Thanks
Old 01-10-2011, 06:53 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0 i6

take you originals somewhere else your headliner guy was an idiot....i have had many headliners done and now do them myself...when i was in fla. a guy came to my driveway and did it took the visors with him dropped them of the next day done..they do require the skill and equiptment but nothing is "nearly impossable"
Old 01-10-2011, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1989
Engine: 4L 6-Cyl.

Yeah I would have to agree. I got my headliner fixed and the guy offered to reupholster my visors for 30 bucks each. There are people that can do it just look around.