Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Scs frigette electric cruise help

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Scs frigette electric cruise help

I have a 1999 Jeep xj with a scs cruise. I want to get rid of this cruise and install the oem cruise. I have installed the cruise buttons on the steering column and put a clockspring that has cruise control. Does anyone know about installing the scs if you are supposed to tap into the original wires or do the original wires get cut and spliced into the scs cruise? i have 2 wires from the scs that operate the switches from the scs cruise control on the steering column going all the way to the servo. The 2 oem wires coming on the back of the clockspring are going into a harness and appear not to be using the scs cruise.

My question is where do these 2 oem wires come out of the fire wall? And do they go straight to where the wire harness for the oem servo plug would plug into the oem servo plug? The 2 wires that I see at the servo plug, are coming from the scs switch on steering wheel......going through fire wall....to plug. I do not see them interacting with oem wires from oem switch behind clockspring. I am hoping that I could just cut those scs wires and pull the fuse from the fuse box that was used by the scs cruise and plug in the oem plug for the oem servo. I am having a hard time trying to find the oem servo plug in the engine compartment. Could it be possible that the 1999 jeep xj might not have had the plug installed in the engine compartment since it did not come with cruise in the first place?
Old 01-18-2016, 10:00 PM
Banned

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0

I don't mean to be rude, but you've already started a thread about your cruise setup. You've been told multiple times to just gut it all out and put OEM in. That, and I have no idea what you're trying to describe, pictures go a long way.

I have set up cruise on multiple keeps that did NOT have it from factory, 97 to 01. I used three (3) things, and no more: an OEM cruise clock spring, OEM buttons, and an OEM servo. Every jeep I've done it to had wires already there for all hookups.

Starting another thread and then just rewording the problem isn't going to change what you've been told already.

Again not trying to be rude. But I, as well as others have already told you what to do.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:58 AM

I am sorry that this is bothering you but I need help in figuring this out.

I am gutting the scs cruise out, but there is one set of 2 scs wires from scs switch on steering column going to the plug by the servo that is not coming from the oem plug. If anyone has experience with scs cruise controls, is this wire set cut and spliced into the oem wire harness, or did scs have their own plug which would not effect the oem plug? I have yet to find but only one plug by the servo and the scs servo is attached to it. On the other thread, it was about multiple problems. I have fixed all but the cruise control and since this is scs frrigette specific, I thought it would help to get some experts involved who have worked with scs cruise controls. I have tried to call scs but it seem that they may not be in business. None of the numbers that I have used for them work.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:26 PM

bump
Old 01-22-2016, 07:31 PM

anyone?