Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Removed blower motor in 2001XJ.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4 liter
Cool Removed blower motor in 2001XJ.

When I posted last I was trying to find out if it is possible to remove the blower motor without draining the A.C. system,on a 2001 to 2001 X.J.. IT IS. I would upload pictures on how this is done but my ancient windows 98 machine can't do it, so I will try to describe how it is done in less than 1000 words.(which would exceed my typing skill) Thew first step is to remove the emissions control device located on the passenger side fender next to the A.C. accumulator. The best way is to remove the small screw that secures the vacuum chamber on the top so as to be able to gain access to the wires that go to it. Unplug the electrical connector from the bottom chamber.(Air pump?) Then remove the large air hose that goes to the pipe just inboard of the A.C. accumulator. Remove the small vacuum hose that goes to the pipette tubing that runs along the fire wall from the lower chamber.(air pump?) Then unscrew the bracket that hold the assembly to the fender and remove the unit with the large air hose still on. Then using a trim removal tool ,pry the wiring harness from the firewall and fender.Unclip the vacuum hose clip and move it out of the way.( this vacuum hose is for the cruise control so if you don't have one don't worry).Now remove the power supply from the blower motor assembly. This may require a bit of wriggling but there is no magic clip.Unscrew the 3 screws holding the blower assembly to th firewall and work the assembly out backwards . You may have to manipulate the unit past the wiring harness ,but it can be done.Good Luck.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

I have a 2000 Cherokee and all I had to do was loosen the bolt on the A/C accumulator and push the wire bundles out of the way and the blower motor came out really easy. It took me about 20 minutes. I did have to put a little silicone around the electrical connection because the seal didn't seam to be water tight on the new blower.