Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Question about lunchbox lockers

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6
Default Question about lunchbox lockers

ok so i was looking at getting a spartan locker for my dana 35. before i get yelled at to do a swap i know the draw backs. i dont plan on climbing up rocks or going crazy with wheels and tires i just need to know, on spartan web sight when looking up the d35c there are 2 different carrier sizes how in the world would i know what size i have ive been scratching my head all day about this i do know that i have 3.55 gears and that is it
Old 06-13-2012, 10:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0L

I went to the Spartan site and the Powertrax site looking for the application charts. I have a Powertrax No-Slip in my D35C and a Spartan in the front D30. The Spartan does show different part numbers and the application chart isn't very clear. The Powertrax chart indicates a change around '93 so my guess would be that you probably have the smaller diameter axles or carrier, but I would definitely call or email them before you buy.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Engine: I6

Originally Posted by weebur
I went to the Spartan site and the Powertrax site looking for the application charts. I have a Powertrax No-Slip in my D35C and a Spartan in the front D30. The Spartan does show different part numbers and the application chart isn't very clear. The Powertrax chart indicates a change around '93 so my guess would be that you probably have the smaller diameter axles or carrier, but I would definitely call or email them before you buy.
Yeah I thought I would have to do that I was trying to find a quick answer