Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

power window issues ...help

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default power window issues ...help

2000 cherokee...i have issues with the power windows..i did the lock out bypass and it helped a little bit... the drivers side rear will go down but not up, what would cause this..i tried replacing the switch but it still acted the same and i cant control it from my main switch? the passanger rear has never worked as long as ive owned it..also replace the switch and did nothing..when my drivers door is open i can control only the drives window...but when i close it i can control the others..whats up with that?... if anything is there a way to atleast get the window back up????

Last edited by lowered_classic; 12-19-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default power windows

had similar weird problems.remove power button assm,get to bottom of solder connections to switch'sand check for poor solder connections,u may have to use magniying glass to get good look at solder.soldered allconnections on mine,problem solved!! hope this helps.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:02 PM
CF Veteran

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Year: My Jeep is a GMC

Originally Posted by lowered_classic
2000 cherokee...i have issues with the power windows..i did the lock out bypass and it helped a little bit... the drivers side rear will go down but not up, what would cause this..i tried replacing the switch but it still acted the same and i cant control it from my main switch? the passanger rear has never worked as long as ive owned it..also replace the switch and did nothing..when my drivers door is open i can control only the drives window...but when i close it i can control the others..whats up with that?... if anything is there a way to atleast get the window back up????
Broken wires in the drivers door loom. Squeeze the boot where it attaches to the door & shove it in, then pull it loose from the body and continue to shove it into the door so you have room to work. Best method to repair is to use a new length of wire with your splices inside the door & body. To do this you have to remove the trim & kick panel as well.