Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

opinions plz

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0. High Output
Default opinions plz

jus painted my jeep flat black... u can look at my pix if u care cuz i cant figure out how to get them on this page. computers kinda wack. ne way the trucks already cooken from the sun. think if i painted the roof white would it keep me cooler? or would it look dumb and not make a difference
ur not really gona be able to see it, n after the lift itl be even harder to c
Old 04-25-2009, 02:49 PM
CF Veteran

Received 482 Likes on 413 Posts
Year: 1986
Engine: 4.3L with headers and full 3" exhaust system

You would be mistaken for a stray cop. All you would need is a uniform.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:08 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to CF s00perredneck.

Just painting the roof white is not going to make much of a difference. There would be too much surface area still in black to attract the suns heat.

Now, not to come across as a jerk. Not everyone on this forum is still in their teens and fluent in the texting shortcuts and abbreviations. There are a lot of old farts like me on here that have a vast wealth of knowledge about cars, Jeeps, and Cherokees in particular. Many of us who are advanced in our years will more than likely pass the oppurtunity to answer your question because it takes to long to try and understand exactly what you are asking. Like I said, I am not trying to be a jerk, just trying to help you find the information you need.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:06 PM

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0L I-6

Originally Posted by winston427

Just painting the roof white is not going to make much of a difference. There would be too much surface area still in black to attract the suns heat.

Now, not to come across as a jerk. Not everyone on this forum is still in their teens and fluent in the texting shortcuts and abbreviations. There are a lot of old farts like me on here that have a vast wealth of knowledge about cars, Jeeps, and Cherokees in particular. Many of us who are advanced in our years will more than likely pass the opportunity to answer your question because it takes to long to try and understand exactly what you are asking. Like I said, I am not trying to be a jerk, just trying to help you find the information you need.
I have to agree it might help a little, but probably not much.

Also I guess I'm a teenie-bopper because I didn't even notice the abbreviations until you said something.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:37 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0

do you have ac
Old 04-25-2009, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by 4.3L XJ
You would be mistaken for a stray cop. All you would need is a uniform.
haha thats funny

Now, not to come across as a jerk. Not everyone on this forum is still in their teens and fluent in the texting shortcuts and abbreviations. There are a lot of old farts like me on here that have a vast wealth of knowledge about cars, Jeeps, and Cherokees in particular. Many of us who are advanced in our years will more than likely pass the oppurtunity to answer your question because it takes to long to try and understand exactly what you are asking. Like I said, I am not trying to be a jerk, just trying to help you find the information you need.

thanks for the advice and im gona try my best to type so everyone understands me. i might even say groovy and still use slang, but slang that u can catch old timer . just playen but 4real thanks

Originally Posted by Schmoozer

Also I guess I'm a teenie-bopper because I didn't even notice the abbreviations until you said something.
yeah i didnt even know that i was doing it but its cool. but yeah i know it would be crazy but i dont have a head liner and a hot piece of metal above my head, u can just feel the heat. but i dont know if changing the color to white would even help that much

Originally Posted by a1racer
do you have ac
i wish. but i might have it soon im going to see if i can charge it and maybe it will work, if not i got to find out what i need to do to fix it, and if its worth it. Im thinking about taking the doors off and having each wire on a connector for easy on-and-off doors. but i have power windows and power locks so, yeah. i dont know. prolly not

Last edited by s00perredneck; 04-25-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:31 PM
CF Veteran

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 88
Engine: 4.0 HO

Originally Posted by Schmoozer

ha that was funny I didn't notice the abbreviations either till something was said. and I'm 30
Old 04-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1996
Default Window tint?

I've got the cherokee and its Green, Wife's got an excursion and its dark blue. Hers is always cooler then mine when I walk out to it and its got factory tint. Black is gonna be hotter but you could keep the hot rod look and maybe accent it with a little window tint. I think it would cool you off a bit.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pick up a set of Vent Shades and keep the window cracked?
Old 04-25-2009, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by thelaststarfighter13
I've got the cherokee and its Green, Wife's got an excursion and its dark blue. Hers is always cooler then mine when I walk out to it and its got factory tint. Black is gonna be hotter but you could keep the hot rod look and maybe accent it with a little window tint. I think it would cool you off a bit.
yeah i have ghetto tint right now in the back, but i replaced the back window and its not tinted like the others so i was thinking of just getting all new prof. tint. its on the to do list that keeps growing and growing and growing... like the energizer bunny on steroids
Old 04-25-2009, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mattpar
Pick up a set of Vent Shades and keep the window cracked?
man i was at advanced auto yesterday and found some chrome vent shades i HAD to get but they only had them for dodge so now im looken around for some chrome ones haha
once u see the best you cant go less
Old 04-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1996
Default chrome vent shades?

You definitely are the superredneck. You got chrome trucknuts w/ veins to go with that?
Old 04-25-2009, 07:53 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1998

you have to adapt with the times..........