Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Need some direction

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Need some direction

At one point in time I got all the turn signals working in the 84 Cherokee. I replaced bulbs and some time has passed. Currently, the right blinker will blink and there is the audible clicking, and the light bulbs will flash on and off like they should. The left blinker does not blink and will go on solid, and the bulbs are on solid. I have replaced the blinker switch in the steering column because there was high resistance when it was ohmed out. When a bulb is out, will the blinker thingy (on fuse panel) still blink with audible noise? All bulbs work! Sometime this weekend I will swap tail lights and see if this changes (internal short or high resistance in the tail light assembly). Please let me know your ideas. Also, the dash light blinker lights don't work (left or right turn indicators), but I am assuming this is a seperate issue.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

mine does that sometimes and if i tap on the rear light housing it starts working. loose conection at the socket on mine