Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Many Thanks to the members of this board!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Many Thanks to the members of this board!

I don't know how often the mavens here get Thanked for all the good advice that they take the time to make freely available...so please accept a big ol' Thank You for everything. By careful reading and searching of the many threads here...I was able to successfully diagnose and correct an electrical issue on my '96 Cherokee Sport without having to spend a lot of cash and time. I did probably needlessly replace the starter...but now I have a new starter and am that much more informed. I was dreading having to yank the NSS, because that it what it was feeling like I had to do...but boys...if I can offer up one piece of life advice; Clean Ground Wires.

I'm no mechanic...just a hack. I can do the simple stuff...but extensive electrical system analysis is something I haven't done since my teen years with my many MGB's. At 58 years old..I really wasn't felling spending hours in the driveway in 10 degree weather.

You guys collectively Rock!
Old 03-02-2014, 10:04 AM
::CF Administrator::

Received 770 Likes on 524 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.6 stroker

Welcome to the forum. A new member that actually searched and read posts. Unbelievable. I think it's fair to say you are going to be liked around here, LOL. It's amazing the information that is here if you actually take the time and read it. More people need to close the old suckhole and open the soundholes. I'm glad you were able to successfully diagnose and fix your issue. Again, welcome...