Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Line-X

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L Inline 6
Default Line-X

Heres the deal... Im deployed in Iraq...I buy a lift, some fender flares, tires, and a warn front bumper...I have my mother take my jeep to line-x and they put the parts on for me, they gave me a price and i wired my mother the money. So a week or so passes by, they said it would be done on the coming monday...

Monday - Its not done...It will now be done on friday, maybe saturday, if not then it will definatly be done on monday...

The next monday - Its not done still! WTF?! Oh now its going to be done on thursday..

Thursday - They moved my jeep from one line-x shop to another in a different city because apparently the bushwacker fender flares are soooooooo hard to put on.... Now it will be done on monday again(apparently)

Monday - It will be done friday (by this time im seriously pissed off) My mother says "Oh they just want to do it right, they are working on it inbetween jobs and said the extra time they have it will be at no cost to you)

Friday - It is finally done wow. I wish i was just home so i could have done that crap myself on a weekend. So yeah the money they said it would cost has now added an extra 200 dollars for labor and whatnot.....WTF MAN....

My mom thinks i wont be able to get that 200 dollars back, but I do... first of all they lied to my mother four times about when it would be done, then they lie again about it not costing extra for them holding it there, and third...wheres my damn center caps....i forgot to mention that, but my rims DO come with center caps and they arent on there..does anyone think i should complain to the manager of the line-x place it was taken to? Or should I just let it go...200$ is alot of money especially for a soldier who already doesnt make enough... Let me know please. Im severely disappointed in these people.

Last edited by ReconCherokee; 11-03-2009 at 12:45 PM. Reason: forgot to put something else in...
Old 11-03-2009, 12:56 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1998 XJ
Engine: 4.0L

I didn't even know line x could install all that stuff for you. Is the company doing it for you or someone working for them? If it is the company you could try better business bureau. You will most likely need evidence. Initial paperwork and everything else
Old 11-03-2009, 12:59 PM

The business did it for me, i dont know anyone who works there....All i wanted was for my jeep to be done by the time i got home. It's done but at the cost of 200 extra dollars i wasnt expecting to spend..You dont think theres any way i could complain to the manager about the work done? There has to be some way, after all, the customer is always right......right? Lol.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 91
Engine: 4.0

i'd be calling every day untill you get your money back and also the caps
Old 11-03-2009, 01:12 PM

Theres one on my side...see if we can't get some more..if i do im going to get my 200 dollars and my center caps back lol...
Old 11-03-2009, 01:20 PM
CF Veteran

I would definetly complain!
was the price they started with written down, maybe a receipt or deposit slip that you could prove? or atleast know the ones name you talked to that told you that price?
Old 11-03-2009, 01:24 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L I6

uuuuhhh yeah ide be pissed!!! ide call every freakin day till i got everything right! by the way i just joined the military, and thank you for your services!
Old 11-03-2009, 01:26 PM

I know the guys name, and what store he works at, as for the paper or whatever i dont have that at this time since im still in iraq for another couple weeks, im not sure if my mom still has it or not.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:15 PM

If you know of a attroney who can call them then that would do it. I would try to have your mother find the original paperwork for all parts that were on there before the work was done and the expected completion date. The cost of moving the Jeep to another shop is thier expense and not yours. Sounds like they took advantage of you. I would complain and when you get back home you can deal with them and the guy who did the work. I have had this happen before with Mienakee Muffler in Mobile years ago which my used bronco 2 ended up supposedly stolen. I would like to be there when you go to the shop, but I live in WI. Thanks for your service from the military brat of a korean war vet and lifer. It might help to have a witness when you go to the shop. I would also consider finding the regional office and reporting them.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Caracticus Potts The Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Model: Grand Cherokee
Cool

Originally Posted by ReconCherokee
Heres the deal... Im deployed in Iraq...I buy a lift, some fender flares, tires, and a warn front bumper...I have my mother take my jeep to line-x and they put the parts on for me, they gave me a price and i wired my mother the money. So a week or so passes by, they said it would be done on the coming monday...

Monday - Its not done...It will now be done on friday, maybe saturday, if not then it will definatly be done on monday...

The next monday - Its not done still! WTF?! Oh now its going to be done on thursday..

Thursday - They moved my jeep from one line-x shop to another in a different city because apparently the bushwacker fender flares are soooooooo hard to put on.... Now it will be done on monday again(apparently)

Monday - It will be done friday (by this time im seriously pissed off) My mother says "Oh they just want to do it right, they are working on it inbetween jobs and said the extra time they have it will be at no cost to you)

Friday - It is finally done wow. I wish i was just home so i could have done that crap myself on a weekend. So yeah the money they said it would cost has now added an extra 200 dollars for labor and whatnot.....WTF MAN....

This is just my observation so take with a grain of salt.
You said they gave you a price then it was 200.00 more what is the total price?
You said you would have done this on a weekend if you were home so how many hours do you think it would have taken you? Compare that to how many hours they charged you for doing it ...is it close? What was the hourly rate for the shop?
I believe someone stated that this shop normally doesn't do this kind of work so if that was the case they may have used more time then needed to "figure it all out".
I do not support the lies they told your mother or the fact that they put your vehicle on the back burner. I have worked in the Auto/Truck repair industry for 30 years and I hate when the people I work with or for lie to a customer. They should have contacted your mother when they reached the agreed upon amount and the job was not done. Then you could have worked out the solution and not been in the dark. They should refund the difference if they can not prove beyond a shadow of a dought that it was beyond their control. All that being said I hope your tour ends without a hitch and you can be home driving your jeep.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1993

**** you should get your money back your center caps and something free thats just bad business on their part
Old 11-03-2009, 09:59 PM
pwn
Seasoned Member

Year: 2000

Talk them into the "military discount".

Thanks for everything over there and keepin us safe in the free world. If it weren't for you, we would all be ridin round in '85 Yotas, rockin those d*mn CoExIst bumper stickers on our way to the Critical Mass ride on the freeway. Thumbs up to you.

On the other hand, maybe they did really good work. Its always good to spend a little extra for good quality IMO.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:01 AM

They know im military so if they didnt give me a military discount already which i dont think they did then they probably wont. I e-mailed them about it last night so we'll see what happens on that.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:42 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1991

I would check with Better Business Bureau in your home area. To see if they have any other complaints on them. ( Online or by Phone ). And file one against them. So it's on their record. At the same time have a male Friend, or sibling call the manager. To see how he responds. It's sad they gave your mom the run around. (Females seem to get that more than males) If still no results, Small claims court. Also check around with local news stations. (to see if they do investigative stories, like this) It's really bad for businesses to be on the news, In this manner. And they can continue to do so, if nobody knows about them. BESIDES, REVENGE IS SWEET! Thanks for your service, Good luck to you.