Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

LED Cargo Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 12:38 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L HO
Default LED Cargo Lights

Just purchased a two foot LED strip from OZNIUM.COM that I will be cutting in half to make two one foot sections (It's cheaper than buying two one foot sections.

Can't wait 'till they get here... until then, here's my basic wiring plan.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:05 PM

Year: 98
Engine: 4.0l

Originally Posted by Kopecki
Just purchased a two foot LED strip from OZNIUM.COM that I will be cutting in half to make two one foot sections (It's cheaper than buying two one foot sections.

Can't wait 'till they get here... until then, here's my basic wiring plan.
That's cool. Should make for nice accent lighting.

Just out of curiosity....did they say you could cut it? Some rope lights have an EOL (end of line) resistor. Cut it off and it won't work.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:17 PM
CF Veteran

Yes, they can be cut every three LED's. Oznium has some pretty sick stuff, reasonably priced. Check 'em out. =) They have amazing customer service.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice thats what i am going to be doing. The whole inside is going to be all BLUE with LED's
Old 12-01-2010, 08:48 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by 88Cherokee4x4
Nice thats what i am going to be doing. The whole inside is going to be all BLUE with LED's
I will also be changing all of my interior lights to LED, including the dashboard lights, but I will be using all white LEDs. I personally don't like the look of colored LED interior lights, but to each his own.

My three main reasons for changing my interior lights to LED are:

1. I'm tired of killing my battery everytime I work inside the Jeep because It's almost always after dark and I need the interior lights to see.
2. I'm tired of replacing my battery because it can only take so many full discharges before it quits. ($30 remanufactured batteries... I'm not losing too much)
3. I love the bright white light these LEDs give off, it kind of "renews" the interior of the Jeep.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0L I6

Could you post pic of the installation? Im not great with electronics and I'm interested in doing this too. But I have no clue what your above diagram means lol
Old 12-01-2010, 09:25 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by OOdynamite
Could you post pic of the installation? Im not great with electronics and I'm interested in doing this too. But I have no clue what your above diagram means lol
Lol sure thing. The lights shipped out yesterday through USPS, so they should be here within a week. I may be changing my wiring a little bit, and I will make a new wiring diagram if I do. Wiring in these lights is about as simple as wiring gets... I'm sure you can handle it.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:31 PM
CF Veteran

This is the lights I purchased and the site I purchased them from. I bought the two foot cool white section for $23.99 plus tax and $4.10 shipping. Asked them for some stickers with my order and they are sending me TWO decals.

http://www.oznium.com/led-ribbon

I'd also like to add, Ozniums shipping is QUICK. I placed my order Monday night, and Tuesday morning my order had shipped. The rest is all up to USPS.

Last edited by XJeepWerks; 12-01-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:31 PM
CF Veteran

Lol sure thing. The lights shipped out yesterday through USPS, so they should be here within a week. I may be changing my wiring a little bit, and I will make a new wiring diagram if I do. Wiring in these lights is about as simple as wiring gets... I'm sure you can handle it.
Great thanks, I'm looking forward to seeing it.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:44 PM
CF Veteran

Great thanks, I'm looking forward to seeing it.
Sure thing. I'm going to try and get the best pics I can, but I only have my cell phone camera (Which isn't too bad) but it takes horrible pics in the dark.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:08 PM
CF Veteran

Sure thing. I'm going to try and get the best pics I can, but I only have my cell phone camera (Which isn't too bad) but it takes horrible pics in the dark.
Thats cool, as long as I can see where you have it wired up at, I should be able to figure it out.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:53 PM
CF Veteran

Thats cool, as long as I can see where you have it wired up at, I should be able to figure it out.
I will be deleting my factory cargo light, so that's where the power will come from. Incredibly simple.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:19 PM
CF Veteran

I will be deleting my factory cargo light, so that's where the power will come from. Incredibly simple.
Ok that doesn't sound too bad, are you going to have to really tear open the dash and such, or will it be a pretty easy install as far as that goes?
Old 12-02-2010, 08:30 PM
CF Veteran

Ok that doesn't sound too bad, are you going to have to really tear open the dash and such, or will it be a pretty easy install as far as that goes?

I won't be removing the dash at all... Won't even touch a screw on the dash. I will be removing the stock rear cargo light, cutting the connector off from the stock light wiring, and using the stock interior light wires to power these LED lights. Doing it this way is very simple, and it will keep the lights coming on with the dash switch, and when any doors are opened.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:43 PM
CF Veteran

I won't be removing the dash at all... Won't even touch a screw on the dash. I will be removing the stock rear cargo light, cutting the connector off from the stock light wiring, and using the stock interior light wires to power these LED lights. Doing it this way is very simple, and it will keep the lights coming on with the dash switch, and when any doors are opened.
Oh yea that doesn't sound bad at all

Quick Reply: LED Cargo Lights