Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Jeeps of my past

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Do you hear banjos?

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Jeeps of my past

I was going through some old pics, and found some of some of the Jeeps I've had over the years. I thought I'd share them with you guys.

This was my first Jeep right after I got it.

This was after installing a 3" Skyjacker lift with 1" spacers. This was the shakedown run.

This was my second Jeep, before I bought it. It was stolen from the guy who took this pic. He couldn't handle the emotional trauma of seeing what the a-hole that had stolen it had done to it, so I bought it from him. BTW, he is LockedandLoaded here on CF.

This was after I installed the lift on it, checking out the flex a bit. The springs were still pretty stiff!! The thief painted it rattle can black and wrecked the front!! I just left it, cause I wasn't too concerned about the paint.

This was a wheeling trip not too long before I got rid of this Jeep. This one had the BA-10 tranny and a D35 in it, so I thought it would be a good Jeep to "git rid of"!! I have to say, she took everything that I threw at her like a champ. Even though I love my current XJ, I can't help but miss the old girl from time to time. I'll always miss the ZJ, that thing was sweet!! Hope you all enjoy!! Laters!!

Last edited by COSXJFAN; 12-04-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 98
Engine: 4L

nice, man. thanks for the timeline.

oh yeah and F THIEVES!!
Old 12-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

Nice COS! Wish my wife would let me have another jeep. I really want an MJ
Old 12-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Do you hear banjos?

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

For awhile I had the ZJ and the Black Dog as I called it. I was trying to make up my mind as what to do to them, and wound up selling the ZJ and buying my first Titan. At that point I started modding the Black Dog. Then I had the opportunity to sell the black XJ, and buy the tan XJ I have now, and the rest is history. I had 189,000 miles on the ZJ when I sold it, and still see it from time to time. The only major problem I ever had with the ZJ was the transmission. I had to have it rebuilt a month after I bought it!! $2400.00 later, and it never felt quite right. I never had any more problems with it, it was prolly just paranoia!! I have made one thing clear to myself....I'll always have a Jeep of some kind or another!!