Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

I'm a bit fuzzy on where to post,

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 09:15 PM

Location: Paradise actually. Also known as Central New Mexico @ 7 K feet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 87
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 6 cylinder
Default I'm a bit fuzzy on where to post,

I have no idea what a KL Cherokee is, but my questions is related to things done at the factory. i.e. renix XJ's. I found the location of these connections, I think, very near the top of the block and there is a large wire attached there that probably comes from the batt. I bought this Cherokee used and the original owner may have had some of this done. I'll have to ask.

I do have a few [what I consider to be fuse related anomalies, the area where the heat control and air conditioner controls are] and interior light, head liner mounted, behind the front seat doesn't go out when the doors are all shut.

Are these mods/improvements things I will notice in vehicle's performance once finished. I ask because over the month or so I've been driving it I haven't had any problems... again, that I notice. I'm not a car/performance tweeker. Sorry I like that spelling better. So it's possible I'm missing something. I do plan on following the advice on slowing down. Partially because I have air conditioner problems. These may be better addressed in Cherokee Chat. But I guess they'd be considered technical. It's not working and the hose couplings near the ....what I think of as the compressor have evidence of leakage on both hoses, one above the other.

I'm going to start another thread on this issue. Correct me if I'm wrong. I have the feeling a thread should stick to one issue. In that light I'll begin another.

Ron
Old 04-28-2017, 07:58 AM
::CF Moderator::

Received 1,526 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

Correct forum.

Have you ever been to my website and performed tips 1 through 5?
Old 04-28-2017, 03:14 PM

Location: Paradise actually. Also known as Central New Mexico @ 7 K feet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 87
Engine: 4.0 6 cylinder

Yes I've been to your web page and have not begun clean up of the grounding system yet. I understand the importance of doing so. There was a question in that post regarding weather or not I'd notice any difference after working on the grounding system. I have not read everything on your site so I don't know if you have covered this there or not. Have you?

I only have so much time to be here. I'm taking care of my wife full time these days and am somewhat overwhelmed with all that entails i.e. cleaning, cooking, driving her to frequent appts, and to the ER for unplaned visits.[she's not supposed to drive ] or the grocery store which means keeping track of what is needed. We are in a somewhat remote area and everything is not just down the block. In fact there are no blocks. The nearest real grocery store is 38 miles in one direction and 49 in the other. So there is also by weekly, maintaining 1 mile plus of steep rocky switchbacks that are our driveway, cutting wood, and all the maintenance on our tractor, and other outdoor equipment so I'm gradually becoming a wrench turner and learning about that as I go.

I do not take all you have contributed to this forum lightly, I just have to take it in more slowly than I'd hoped.

Ron
Old 04-28-2017, 05:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0 Litre I6

Originally Posted by ron45
Yes I've been to your web page and have not begun clean up of the grounding system yet. I understand the importance of doing so. There was a question in that post regarding weather or not I'd notice any difference after working on the grounding system. I have not read everything on your site so I don't know if you have covered this there or not. Have you?

I only have so much time to be here. I'm taking care of my wife full time these days and am somewhat overwhelmed with all that entails i.e. cleaning, cooking, driving her to frequent appts, and to the ER for unplaned visits.[she's not supposed to drive ] or the grocery store which means keeping track of what is needed. We are in a somewhat remote area and everything is not just down the block. In fact there are no blocks. The nearest real grocery store is 38 miles in one direction and 49 in the other. So there is also by weekly, maintaining 1 mile plus of steep rocky switchbacks that are our driveway, cutting wood, and all the maintenance on our tractor, and other outdoor equipment so I'm gradually becoming a wrench turner and learning about that as I go.

I do not take all you have contributed to this forum lightly, I just have to take it in more slowly than I'd hoped.

Ron
Ron,

i watch my father in law do the same with my mother in law. It is a full time job!

i really appreciate your eloquence and brevity. Glad to have you here.