Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

i got a question about adding power doors/mirrors/windows to a 96 SE

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 02:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Question i got a question about adding power doors/mirrors/windows to a 96 SE

My passenger side mirror is broken, its a manual mirrior, i see them online and they are more expensive then the electric mirror's it seems, so i'm thinking of getting electric plus using the manual mirrors is pretty annoying, what i want to know is, would it be better for me to try and convert my door to be able to use the electric mirrors, or would it be easier to just buy an entirely new door from a junkyard, one with electric mirrors door locks and windows?, if im even able to convert the doors, would it be more expensive to add the switches and mirrors etc, or just buy new doors and then somehow wire it?
Old 07-30-2009, 01:35 PM
CF Veteran

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 89

I would suggest going out to your junkyard and look at one that would work on yours and just look at the wiring,you would be amazes at how easy it is,you can remove everything from the donor and put in yours. It depends on how much you can get everything for and if you want to do it.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996

iw ould check behind yu rkick panels if there is a plug back there thats not being used chances are its for the power accesories jeep usuallyt only made one wiring arness for all the models that way they didnt have to keep all kinds of different parts in stock so chances are you already have the hookup for the accessories you want and as for the doors x2 on the jy and even craigslist has lots of good deals