Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Help.. wont start and confussed!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Help.. wont start and confussed!!

Ok so to start off i have a 1992 jeep cherokee laredo 4.0ho.

All the sudden i was driving my jeep one day i lost all power didnt know my engine died untill a small turn came up and it was hard to turn. So i pulled over try gettin it to start turnd over fine but just couldnt get it to fire up. So i had to tow it home. Once i got it home i started looking at it everything looked fine. So i took the disyributor off and found out my magnetic pick up was broke and stuck to the bottom of the distributor....

So i go pick up a new distributor and put it in jeep fires right up. Thought ok cool that was the issue ive had this jeep for almost 3 years and never once had a issue with it. So about a week later jus about home my jeep dies again and wont start turns over fine but nothin. So i tow it home again and park it. I come out the next morning an it fires right up very odd. So i take off an jeep ran for maybe 15 minutes 3 miles and it died again.

So basicly my jeep will only run for maybe 15 minutes and shut off and wont start again but i can go out the next morning and it fires right up everytime.

Ive replaced the distributor twice the cps and the map sensor plugs wires cap n rotor.

Im confused on what it cud be im stumped an any help will help me dont wanna take it to a shop. Please i know theres some smart jeep guys on here!