Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

gold wheels/rims: valuable or not?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1988
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L inline/straight 6-cylinder
Default gold wheels/rims: valuable or not?

I bought an '88 Cherokee XP used, and it has gold rims on it (pictured here: www.wheelcollision.com/wccpix/9013gold.JPG).

I'm not much a fan of the gold wheels/rims. I imagine they're the stock rims, as they seem to match the gold trim on the rubber bumper strips and the lettering on the car.

I'm looking to replace the rims soon w/some non-gold-colored ones, and I'm wondering if people look at the rims I have as some kind of vintage or desirable rims - or do people look at 'em as cheesy and pimp'd out?

I'm wondering if I'm going to have trouble getting a dime for them, or if I should hold out for a bidding war.

Thanks,
Ted
Old 01-14-2010, 07:22 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Sorry I just saw this. These are called lattice style rims. They where used on 1988 to 1992. And I believe only on the limited, or Briarwood models. Yes the gold ones came with the gold trim package. (gold pin stripping, gold emblems, rims, ETC.) probably worth about $50-$80 each now. Maybe $250 for the set of 5 (spare usually matches) would be a good E-Bay price. (Occasionally seen them on there.) I have silver ones, That I plan on buffing out, To a nice shine. Than covering them with a layer of clear. (just a machined surface, with matching paint in the lattice) They look pretty good with a nice shine to them. But I hate to say this, I always thought the gold ones did look cheesy. There's pics in my photo album.