Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Fuel rail O rings

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Fuel rail O rings

Where can I get the O rings for the fuel rail? The o ring that goes between the fuel line and the rail and the one that goes between the reg and the fuel return line. I have tried the dealer and they did not sell just the o ring and they did not know what kit those o rings would come in. I have also tried Napa and Autozone.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:33 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0 HO

NAPA has or can get them! You just need to talk to someone there that knows what they are doing!

Old 01-07-2011, 07:16 AM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Year?
Engine?
Old 01-07-2011, 07:31 AM

Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0

my buddy had the same prob with his jeep(renix)no auto parts store had them we had to go to a local 4wd shop and the guy ripped him off charged him a dollar for one o ring
Old 01-07-2011, 07:43 AM
CF Veteran

Ripped him off? For a whopping $1?!?!

When you own a business and have to pay overhead, wages, insurance, etc, etc., all of those costs add up really quickly.

Had you friend been charged the standard shop rate for the counter guy to look up the application, find the part and complete the sale, he would probably have been charged a 1 hour minimum to the tune of $45-65.

So who got ripped off? The $1 dollar that was paid certainly doesn't come close to the actual cost to the business to sell that one simple o-ring.

Sorry for the hijack, I kinda get my panties in a wad over ignorant comments like this.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:02 AM

it is an 88 4.o sorry
Old 01-07-2011, 08:06 AM
CF Veteran

http://www.berrysprinter.com/e-fiche.../81-96/88j.pdf

Click on the link and go to page 450.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:41 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 88

Originally Posted by FrankZ
http://www.berrysprinter.com/e-fiche.../81-96/88j.pdf

Click on the link and go to page 450.
this link won't work for me. I am also looking for those little orange o rings as I just did the 703 swap on my 88.. Anyone have a part #?
Old 08-06-2011, 01:14 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0L I6 Power Tech

The link worked for me.
You're looking for part number 83503637
Old 08-06-2011, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by FrankZ
Ripped him off? For a whopping $1?!?!

When you own a business and have to pay overhead, wages, insurance, etc, etc., all of those costs add up really quickly.

Had you friend been charged the standard shop rate for the counter guy to look up the application, find the part and complete the sale, he would probably have been charged a 1 hour minimum to the tune of $45-65.

So who got ripped off? The $1 dollar that was paid certainly doesn't come close to the actual cost to the business to sell that one simple o-ring.

Sorry for the hijack, I kinda get my panties in a wad over ignorant comments like this.
Times sure have changed..
Especially, professionalism..
Your post is NOT how a professional should conduct themselves. Mr. Vendor..

Last edited by briansgarage; 08-06-2011 at 03:45 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:00 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 2000, (1957 Willys)
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by briansgarage
X2 on this.

I understand your FEELINGS, but if you want to grab all the business you can, you have to just turn your head to comments that upset you. Especially ones that are made towards your line of work. And please don't fire back a retort about how I don't 'know' anything. I'm a public servant who hears ignorance everyday. I just smile and do my job. The less muddy the waters are, the happier the fish.

Perhaps a PM directly to the member would have been better. Now you have had two members comment on your post. How many others have noticed, but said nothing?
Old 08-06-2011, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Moncheche
X2 on this.

I understand your FEELINGS, but if you want to grab all the business you can, you have to just turn your head to comments that upset you. Especially ones that are made towards your line of work. And please don't fire back a retort about how I don't 'know' anything. I'm a public servant who hears ignorance everyday. I just smile and do my job. The less muddy the waters are, the happier the fish.

Perhaps a PM directly to the member would have been better. Now you have had two members comment on your post. How many others have noticed, but said nothing?
I'm with the vendor on this one. All things considered He's probably losing money on this one but keeps it in stock as a convenience to his customer. figuring they will buy related parts.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:42 AM

Year: 2k

Originally Posted by briansgarage

I wouldn't be so quick to judge FrankZ. He seems to be on top of every thread looking to help anyone as best as he can. I saw nothing wrong with his comment.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:07 AM

Year: 1988 & 1990
Engine: Inline 6

I see nothing wrong with Frank's comment either. If you want you can always go to your friendly neighborhood hardware store and buy cheap o-rings that will turn into a gooey sludge in a month or you can go to an auto parts store and buy o-rings that are designed specifically for use in your injectors. Ultimately the choice is up to you but cheaping out is something I'm not prepared to do when it comes to my Jeep.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Modestmike
I wouldn't be so quick to judge FrankZ. He seems to be on top of every thread looking to help anyone as best as he can. I saw nothing wrong with his comment.
Oh I wasn't judging the person. Was Judging a post, by a professional vendor business. I meant no disrespect.

Example:
I have been ripped off by Verizon, they over charged me 5$ on texting charges. I complain about it on the cell phone forum.. ATT customer service rep replies, calls me ignorant, because they have overhead, and they wear panties..
Yup.. Just the way it is. I didn't make the rules..

I am done causing trouble for the day.. Carry on..

Quick Reply: Fuel rail O rings