Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Front bushings

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 08:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1999 Sport
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6
Default Front bushings

So Ive got bad vibrations, banging, rattling, looseness, mild death wobble, etc., due to shot bushings..... or so I think.

My '99 has never had any new bushings on the front and its all cracked, dry-rotted, etc., so Im figuring I mine as well change it out. I keep up to date on TRE's, ball joints, etc., and I recently put in all new U-Joints across the front (3) a new TRE and a new wheel bearing.

Doing about 80 on the highway last week we hit a SMALL pothole and the front started to death wobble. I let off her and it came back, but it solidified the need to fix some stuff (Ive been dealing with rattling, noise, shaking for a while now).

So Im on Quadratec looking at things and they have the Daystar upgrade bushings kit for like $25 bucks. #1: Are they worth it and #2, what the hell size do I need (they have 4 sizes all for my '99).

So, if anyone wants to give some input that would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks a ton!