Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Fixed my AC

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Fixed my AC

I am so excited about my fixed Air Conditioning as my Jeep is Black, with Black leather, and the drivers side window does not roll down I live in Ohio but it still gets hot.

When I got the Jeep the previous owners rigged so many things and most things did not work delay wipers as they were jimmy rigged and a host of other things. Well I have fixed all but the cruise control and I have the yellow AMC cruise control module on its way, that I got for only $5.00 off of Ebay.

Well I was able to talk to the previous owner and asked why he sold it and he said he was tired of most of the stuff working, well if actually fixed stuff it would help.

Anyway to fix the AC all I did was start to check the electrical connections with a tester. I used a relay I happened to find at my parents garage and boom AC blow ice cold.

I know this doesn't have much to do with anything but the reason I was able to know to check the relay, because my compressor would not work, was a post done by a member on this site.

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f51/hv...roblems-37276/

Just want to send a thank you to all the members on this site.