Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Fixed my 97 Country cranks but no start issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 11:40 AM
SGD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Fixed my 97 Country cranks but no start issue

Just wanted to let all the guys on here know that might have seen my thread, that I finally fixed my issue I had.

In brief, I had the truck stall on me, then it would crank, but wouldn't start. I changed the coil, the battery, the CAM sensor, and the CRANK sensor (twice).

Ended up being my PCM. I bought one for 80 bucks from a guy parting out a 98. I did not flash it or anything. Just stuck it in and the thing fired right up.

I came here seeking advice about fixing this issue and had some success and got some good info. BUT...to all those who were rude and swore up and down that it was the CPS...although I had already changed that, YOU WERE WRONG!

I saw through this whole process that everybody immediately goes to that CPS for the fix all and swears you can't get one from the parts store, when in fact, the ones you get from the auto parts store are just as good as the ones from Mopar, as I used both, neither of which fixed my issue.

Thanks to those that were helpful, but to all those that treated me like an idiot for buying a CPS from Oreilly and insisted I get one from the dealer, next time be more patient and dont be such a tool, cause that wasn't even my issue. It was my PCM all along.

AND...my buddy who manages an Advance Auto...AND...the guy at the local dealership, told me that faulty CP sensors mentioned on these forums are an urban legend. In fact, they come from the same supplier in many cases.

That is all.