01 cherokee deceleration issue - Jeep Cherokee Forum
Jeep Cherokee Forum

Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here
XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 cherokee deceleration issue

Old 08-20-2015, 01:37 PM   #1

View zhunt728's Photo Album My Photos
Model: Cherokee
Exclamation 01 cherokee deceleration issue

hey everyone, i have an 2001 cherokee sport, its all stock. since i bought the jeep a year ago on very rare occasion when i would come into a town and get to about 25 mph my jeep would drop a gear like it was confused and then go back into the right gear, but that happens rarely....so yesterday i drove on the highway for about an 2hours cruising about 70 and i went to get off of an exit and i let off the gas and the rpms shot up from 2400 in overdrive to 3100..it was like it got confused and dropped 2 gears just letting off the gas...so i got into town and was doing about 50 mph and i let off the gas and it jumped again so i shut her down and let her sit for about 20 mins and the problem went away....this is the first time its ever done it from highway speed and i dont honestly have a clue where to even start looking to fix this issue i have googled the crap out of it and i cant find no one with this exact same issue as mine...if anyone could point me in the right direction to fixing this i would really appricate it
zhunt728 is offline   Reply With Quote