Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

First post. And an electrical connector question

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default First post. And an electrical connector question

Hello all, I have recently picked up a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. After going through it I have found that some wires seemed to have been chewed through by a mouse from the previous owner. The wires damaged were for the 4wd indicator light sensor. I was able to track down a new sensor and the switch lamp connector but the part that I'm struggling to find is what connects to those to items. The number on the electrical connector reads 52772-c6. I've looked at the auto parts store and online but cannot find exactly what I'm looking for. Here is a picture

What's left of the wire is too short to splice into or solder. I basically need a replacement.
If anyone has any experience or if there's a way I can buy the whole jumper for the indicator switch that would be great.
Thank you
Old 02-16-2016, 09:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.6L Stroked

Originally Posted by NCMTN
Hello all, I have recently picked up a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. After going through it I have found that some wires seemed to have been chewed through by a mouse from the previous owner. The wires damaged were for the 4wd indicator light sensor. I was able to track down a new sensor and the switch lamp connector but the part that I'm struggling to find is what connects to those to items. The number on the electrical connector reads 52772-c6. I've looked at the auto parts store and online but cannot find exactly what I'm looking for. Here is a picture

What's left of the wire is too short to splice into or solder. I basically need a replacement.
If anyone has any experience or if there's a way I can buy the whole jumper for the indicator switch that would be great.
Thank you
If you can solider, you can take the terminals out of the plug and solider to the top side of the terminal with new wire. I have done that plenty of times.