Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Finally, a pic...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 95
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Finally, a pic...

This is my fourth Jeep and my second Cherokee. Okay, so my first one was an '85 Waggie with the "crap-tastic" 2.8L V6. Alright, so it's my wife's "other" ride....

I was painting my porch, and when I saw this, I just had to take a pic of it.

Basically, it's all stock '95, 105,000 miles, street tires, but I've been sweating it on the weekend bringing it up to spec. It had a light rear hit, and did some "missionary engineering" to bring the rear back into line, and I was given a later model rear bumper, which I needed to do some light fab to fit.

Already replaced: Serpentine belt, chased leaks all over the place, fixed the radio, welded in a patch to the left rocker panel, and fixed the left driver's window. Put some rattle-can grey on the really nasty looking steel wheels, and repainted the rockers.

To do: Oil pressure sender, new springs (possibly a light 2" lift), shocks, tow package, recovery points, and some light underbody armor. As soon as it needs it, I'm getting better tires, going to stay on the steel wheels and narrow, with a more aggressive tread.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:59 PM
Renix Super Guru

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 1990XJ/1989MJ
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0L Renix

Looks good. I like the pic with the flag on the porch.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:51 AM
Registered Users

Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: V8

Originally Posted by 120mm
This is my fourth Jeep and my second Cherokee. Okay, so my first one was an '85 Waggie with the "crap-tastic" 2.8L V6. Alright, so it's my wife's "other" ride....

I was painting my porch, and when I saw this, I just had to take a pic of it.

Basically, it's all stock '95, 105,000 miles, street tires, but I've been sweating it on the weekend bringing it up to spec. It had a light rear hit, and did some "missionary engineering" to bring the rear back into line, and I was given a later model rear bumper, which I needed to do some light fab to fit.

Already replaced: Serpentine belt, chased leaks all over the place, fixed the radio, welded in a patch to the left rocker panel, and fixed the left driver's window. Put some rattle-can grey on the really nasty looking steel wheels, and repainted the rockers.

To do: Oil pressure sender, new springs (possibly a light 2" lift), shocks, tow package, recovery points, and some light underbody armor. As soon as it needs it, I'm getting better tires, going to stay on the steel wheels and narrow, with a more aggressive tread.
Ya left out how little you got it for......
Old 10-13-2008, 01:52 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 HO

cool pic
Old 10-13-2008, 03:04 AM

Nice shot true americana neighood street, flag, jeep. USA!
Old 10-13-2008, 07:59 AM

Year: 95
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by jamaicanmecrazy
Ya left out how little you got it for......
I got it a month ago for $2K, which I thought was a "decent" deal, especially from a dealership. (I'd broken down a short distance away, and needed a ride "right now")

But this weekend, the prices of Jeep Cherokees has TANKED in my area. This same Jeep MIGHT bring $1000, right now. I looked at one yesterday, and the owner was desperate to sell, and was asking $1400, and went down to $1k right away. The owners justification: Gas is too expensive and the economy has made a smoking hole, and he can't afford to have this SUV. Of course, his idea is to take the $1k and buy a small car, which he hasn't found yet...

As much as I like my "heep", I'd love to have the extra $1k....
Old 10-13-2008, 08:12 AM
Registered Users

Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: V8

Originally Posted by 120mm
I got it a month ago for $2K, which I thought was a "decent" deal, especially from a dealership. (I'd broken down a short distance away, and needed a ride "right now")

But this weekend, the prices of Jeep Cherokees has TANKED in my area. This same Jeep MIGHT bring $1000, right now. I looked at one yesterday, and the owner was desperate to sell, and was asking $1400, and went down to $1k right away. The owners justification: Gas is too expensive and the economy has made a smoking hole, and he can't afford to have this SUV. Of course, his idea is to take the $1k and buy a small car, which he hasn't found yet...

As much as I like my "heep", I'd love to have the extra $1k....
Yeah I been checking other states now and I think we can buy them so cheap because there are so many up north here.
Why have buyers remorse? You have it and like so it's worth it.
I just made it a mission to buy all mine as cheap as I can with zero rust.
Gas? Are they kidding? Let them drive my K5 or Suburban and then they will scream gas as I did. That is how I got a Jeep because all the little shiity cars are now selling for a minimum of $2500 and when I saw the new to me style Jeeps I knew it was me.

Then I searched them and found this group of nuts here and what I thought was going to be a stocker isn't going to be.

Beside they seem to know about heeps.