Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Everyone needs one of these!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Everyone needs one of these!!!!!

I need an alarm for my jeep. I wanna pick one up cause i love my ride and i dont want it to get jacked..... what do you guy think or has anyone bought from this site? Let me know!!!

http://www.caralarmswarehouse.com/
Old 06-22-2010, 10:37 AM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0 HO

car alarms are annoying and stupid, no body acts when they hear one and they just wait for it to go off. a kill switch would work better
Old 06-22-2010, 10:39 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0 stock

I have a car alarm. It locks and unlocks, has remote start and starter disable.

The alarm is pretty useless though. People ignore them.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:50 AM

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0

Yeah i ignore OTHER alarms when they off, but when mine goes off i at least take a peek to make sure my ride is cool especially if it goes off in the middle of the night. If theres a thief lurking around as sees two cherokees one with an alarm and one without i'd be pretty sure he'd go for the latter so i don't think they're useless. And i live in L.A. and know plenty of people who's cars have been jacked (my dad just 6 months ago) and 2 co-workers 7" touchscreen stereos right from our work parking lot.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:02 AM
CF Veteran

Engine: 4.0

The siren is pretty useless, no one cares when they hear it, I bought my alarm for the ignition kill, also if I hear my alarm I come running with my 12 gauge, here in Texas you can kill someone for messing around your vehicle and no consequences.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:07 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by 95Cherokee
The siren is pretty useless, no one cares when they hear it, I bought my alarm for the ignition kill, also if I hear my alarm I come running with my 12 gauge, here in Texas you can kill someone for messing around your vehicle and no consequences.
careful tex.... they have to have intent to steal property and you have no other options... make sure they are actually trying to steal it... and double check your state law.... I'm not saying your wrong i just don't want a fellow hero fan in jail cause of some scum punk.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:08 AM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Engine: 4.0 HO

I live in almost the bad getto of Flint and we get our cars broken into all the time. I had mine broken into once b/c i left my door unlocked. They tore up my dash but couldnt figure out how to remove my radio cause it was bolted in. lol

After that i put a kill switch in so i would worry about people stealing my jeep.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:12 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1988
Engine: 4.0 RENIX

yea the siren is pretty useless and annoying. a lot of people on my street have alarms and no one cares when they go off. you dont see anyone running outside when their alarm goes off, it just annoys everyone. my 87 came with an old alarm but the PO didnt give me a clicker or anything so i assumed it didnt work. but after changing the battery it decided to go off whenever u plugged in the new battery. disabling it was a pain! skip the alarm, it screws with all the wiring way too much
Old 06-22-2010, 11:13 AM

Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0 I6

In N.H. you have to warn them 3 times to get off your property, only then with no other options can you use deadly force. But I'm sure if someone sees you coming with a 12 gauge (Also my home defense system) they will run very fast.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:20 AM
CF Veteran

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0 I6

Originally Posted by razor02097
careful tex.... they have to have intent to steal property and you have no other options... make sure they are actually trying to steal it... and double check your state law.... I'm not saying your wrong i just don't want a fellow hero fan in jail cause of some scum punk.

not anymore man, new laws came out a few months ago. all you have to do is see someone on your property or think they are stealing your stuff. no more no other options. you can shoot for someone being on your property. the new law gives the owners lots of room now to protect all of their property. no more last chance and no more htey have to be in your house. they can just be on your land now.

its a really good deal for everyone now. no more worrying that the citizen is going to go to jail for protecting their stuff.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:21 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by superj
not anymore man, new laws came out a few months ago. all you have to do is see someone on your property or think they are stealing your stuff. no more no other options. you can shoot for someone being on your property. the new law gives the owners lots of room now to protect all of their property. no more last chance and no more htey have to be in your house. they can just be on your land now.

its a really good deal for everyone now. no more worrying that the citizen is going to go to jail for protecting their stuff.
nice

I envy that part of the law, however the no open carry of side arms sucks.