Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Error codes P0300, P0202, P0301 PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Error codes P0300, P0202, P0301 PLEASE HELP!

I have a 1996 Cherokee 4.0L that just started leaving the check engine light on and is throwing the following codes:

P0300----Multiple cylinder misfire defected
P0202----Injector circuit / open - cylinder 2
P0301----Cylinder 1-10 Misfire detected

Llast week I changed the plugs (I gapped to specs but didn't toque however I don't believe that to be the issue). Replaced the fuel filter. And cleaned the throttle body and I'd,e control valve. She was running like a champ for a couple days then started throwing the check engine light. (Check engine light has come on a couple times last 6 months or so but always shuts off before I can get it over to auto zone to check).

Took the jeep autozone today which is how I got the error codes. Went home made sure everything was plugged in correctly and working. Everything appear in place. However the injector wires on cylinder 2 were practically welded together. Pulled them apart, wrapped electrical tape along both of them separately then wrapped them together.

Went to Napa to get a new injector wiring connector and decided to rent a noid light kit too. Tested the #2 injector and noid light flashed, checked a couple others and they did the same. Did the hearing test with a screw driver and all injectors are clicking all sound the same and sound like they are working correctly.

This is where I am at. The jeep is idling roughly again and I don't know what else to do at this point. Was going to check the pmc but I'm not sure where or how. This jeep is my daily driver and while I could easily afford a new rig, I do take a certain pride in keeping this beast running so well and for so long (199000 miles on her). Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for taking the time to read this.