Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Electrics on door panels upgrade help needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Exclamation Electrics on door panels upgrade help needed

Hey guys

This is my first post, shame it had to be because I really need some help.

Well, I'm from Perth, Western Australia and I just bought my first Jeep a few days ago. It's a 4dr 96 Sport right-hand drive. I've also recently purchased 95% of the interior of a 2000 XJ to spruce it up to a be little more modern.

My problem is that my connector / harness's for my locking and windows have a different one to the one I bought.

I just can't seem to find any info on the old one at all. The 2000 model has 2 connectors C1 and C2. The old one has one connector with less wires and it seems to be made of a transparent yellowish resin, kinda feels like that heat glue.

The only big difference is the drivers side has the electric mirrors switch on the door rather than near the centre console.

I just really need to find out which wires connect to which as the colors differ. It's really got me agitated as I can't finish putting everything together until I have this figured out.

I really really want to get this done and have her looking together again, just a bit sexier inside.

Anything at all would be a great help.

Cheers