Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Electrical issue Fuse #21

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Electrical issue Fuse #21

Hello everyone need a little help on an issue I'm having 2001 cherokee sport when I got the jeep it would only start if you used starting fluid. Afte checking a few things found the the autostop relay had no power traced everything back to fuse #21 in the power distribution block it a 15amp fuse changed it and everything started and ran turned it off and fuse blown again. So I checked for a short and found none then checked the grounds cleaned them up. I replaced cam sensor,crank sensor, ignition coil and plugs tested compression replaced the fuse again everything ran good turned it off and the fuse blew again. Got smart the next time and put a 30 amp in figured it would go or smoke LoL. cranked her up and she ran good tuned it off restarted and blew the fuse. I do not have a schematic of the system so i opened the wire harness/loom looking for bad/frayed wires and could not find a problem the wire from the fuse that blows looks like it goes strait to the ECM it is dark green with white trace anyone have any ideas?