Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Driver Door Wont Lock

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Exclamation Driver Door Wont Lock

2000 with power locks. The ****in drivers front door wont lock. All the others lock and unlock fine using driver door switch as well as my little keyfob thing. But the drivers door lock wont budge. It feels almost stuck. Any advice?
Old 12-21-2011, 06:47 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1998 Sport

It my be the rod to the actuator came off. You'll have to pull the door panel of to be sure.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by RTorrez1
It my be the rod to the actuator came off. You'll have to pull the door panel of to be sure.

Probably is. I just remembered last weekend i pulled the panel off to **** with the speaker. Probably happened then. Ill try that tonight and see what happens.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:53 PM

Not really sure what's goin on with it. The rod is still connected. I think it might be bent? When I use the door control to lock it, it sounds like its stuck or something. With the panel off and slightly lower, the lock itself works fine, but once I mount the door panel, the lock wont budge. I think its hitting against the door latch rod and getting stuck maybe? Not sure how to fix it. I was lookin at it last night in the dark and got pissed and stopped trying but I need to fix it.

On a side note I broke all the little push pin things off the bottom part of the door panel in my rage of not being able to fix it. Any way to get new ones?
Old 12-22-2011, 01:21 PM
kjc
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L Laredo

"On a side note I broke all the little push pin things off the bottom part of the door panel in my rage of not being able to fix it. Any way to get new ones?"
Take an undamaged one up to Ace hardware (to compare) they have lots of 'em, but they're a little pricey there. Any body shop will have plenty on hand, and might even give you a few for free or at least cheap. Just don't go up there all barefoot with your torn shirt, capri pants and green skin! They won't like you when you're angry..
Old 12-22-2011, 01:34 PM

Year: 1997

The servo could just be worn out.... on the push clips your best bet would be dealership.. you can get a bag of them for chump change.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by kjc
"On a side note I broke all the little push pin things off the bottom part of the door panel in my rage of not being able to fix it. Any way to get new ones?"
Take an undamaged one up to Ace hardware (to compare) they have lots of 'em, but they're a little pricey there. Any body shop will have plenty on hand, and might even give you a few for free or at least cheap. Just don't go up there all barefoot with your torn shirt, capri pants and green skin! They won't like you when you're angry..
Jeeps do bring out my angry side lol.

Originally Posted by Metalgearmurder
The servo could just be worn out.
I took a look at it in the daylight. I cant figure it out. Not really sure what the servo is and how to replace it.

This is why i like having manual locks and windows lol. None of this bs.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:59 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1998 Sport

If the actuator is bad I did pick one up on ebay last year for like $15. But it was for the rear. I was just looking on ebay and the front is $69.95. Just type in "Lock Mechanism" and it should give you a few different ones to check out. It will also show you a picture of it so you can see exactly what you need to look for. Good luck. let me know what you find out.

Last edited by RTorrez1; 12-22-2011 at 10:01 PM.