Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Door jamb switch for rear doors on a 95?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2020, 08:03 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Year: 95
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default Door jamb switch for rear doors on a 95?

Hey all - a previous owner must have gone doorless for a while judging by the missing wiring boots, hacked up/hacked back together wiring, and the fact that the dome lights don't turn on when any door is opened. Fortunately I did find cut wiring in the front two door jambs, and when I stripped and crossed them, the dome lights came on. In the rear, I found a disconnected plug in each door with the same color (yellow/black) wires going to it, but not connected to anything.

In my searches online I've pairs of door jamb switches for 97-01s that have the same color wires and look like they'd plug right in, but I'm sure there's a reason they start at 97 - anybody know where I could get that harness??

Also, I can't for the life of me figure out where the rear door switches themselves would go - the front is pretty self-explanatory, but I can't find any similar mounting hole in the rear...any ideas?

Sure appreciate it!