Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Cruise control wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 12:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Thumbs up Cruise control wiring help

Hi. So im in the process of installing cruise into my Non-cruise 2000 XJ and I have gotten everything installed (servo, servo cable, new clockspring, vacuum lines) and when I went to see if eveything was working my horn and cruise were not working. The airbag light was not on so I think the clockspring is ok, just maybe messed up wiring along the way. The catch with this project was I went ahead and swapped to an Overland WJ steering wheel while throwing cruise into my XJ, which required soldering in a new connection from the XJ cruise button harness to connect easily to the XJ clockspring. I did this and think I did it right, but would like some input from others who have maybe taken this on. I provided pictures of what everything looks like as of now (the green connectors were connected when I tried to test everything, unplugged after it didnt work because I may need to switch the wires based on their color). There are two leftover connectors, one black one that is shown in the picture (no idea what it controls) and the factory XJ horn connector. Do I need to solder the XJ horn wire into the WJ horn connection? (the white connector with the red wire coming out). Any help appreciated.

https://imgur.com/a/KLA0Tg5