Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Crank no start

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Crank no start

Hi everybody. Im having some issues with my 2000 xj. Juat replaced the engine on thanksgiving with a crate long block. Fired right up with out a problem. Been running ever since.
Until last sunday. My fuel pump went (i didnt actually check the pressure but i couldnt hear it prime and it barley trickeld out of the fuel rail). It would just crank and not start. It started right up after i repalaced the pump. Thought i was done with the problem untill i came outside at work this morning and it wouldnt start. I pulled the codes and i got a p0340 cam circuit, p0353 coil c misfire, p0352 coil b misfire, p0351coil a misfire, p1391 ( what i found was i believe crank sensor????) And p0138 for 02 sensor(been like this forever now). I checked all the wires i cant see any i pinched when installing the new engine. Didnt actually check all the sensors. But replaced all of them besides cam sensor when i got the new engine. Not sure why i didnt repalce cam sensor but i didnt. So that was the first thing i checked. I pulled the sensor off and the insides of the sesnsor blew apart. Got a new one and it still wont start. Any one got any ideas. Im lost.......