Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

check engine and brake issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default check engine and brake issue

hi I have a 2001 jeep Cherokee sport xj 123000 miles that I just bought. I was having a issue with the no bus error but I put a new connector on the back of dash it seams ok but just done about a week ago. I took the jeep to dealer ship last week they could not get it to come back on but the issue I am having is check engine light is on they said that it is showing every code for all the sensors or most of them. and when they clear them they come right back. and my brakes act like they are going into anti lock mode when under five miles an hour only. so I picked it up on Thursday they told me they fixed it that there was a wiring issue. to drive it see if the brakes were alright. every thing was fine brakes no pedal chatter no engine light for about 30 or so miles then light came back on chatter or it feels like the pedal pushing back started again. the jeep has new rotors pads new back brakes I cleaned every sensor I have pulled every fuse cleaned every ground metered all abs sensors took it to them because I am at my limit on things to do can the main computer do any of this? any body come across this before
Old 11-09-2013, 11:52 AM
CF Veteran

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Year: My Jeep is a GMC

Is it a salvaged/flood vehicle?
Old 11-09-2013, 01:25 PM

Default not salvage

no clean title 3 owner first sold at 57000 second sold to me 122000. I looked under back seat were sensor are no signs of water had dash out and door seals had to change driver speaker no mud does not look like any water damage to me. I thought about that so I started to look but cant support that. I changed back brake shoes no signs of anything in the rear drums the one rubber hole plug was not there was no mud just the normal brake dust and shoes needed replaced the jeep is body is very solid I was all around underneath the only thing I found was walnuts in the air box
Old 11-10-2013, 12:16 AM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Not to cheap out with a simple answer, but I'd take it back to the dealership you already paid to fix it. It's still doing it.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:16 AM

Default brakes

yeah I am going to take it back but was trying to see if anybody could give me any thing to try myself the jeep runs like crazy just put 100 miles on it last night no other running problems just cant understand why brakes would do that when check engine light comes on but there is no abs light