Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

cat converters.... MODERATORS AND SUPPORTERS PLEASE READ!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 03:38 PM
MJ>XJ

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default cat converters.... MODERATORS AND SUPPORTERS PLEASE READ!!

There is a post below mine where a guy asked if his jeep should have a Cat because there wasnt one when he got it...

i dont think this post should have been closed... its a real questions... he wasnt asking if he could take it off or something stupid like that... i understand that its illegal not to have one... and i dont support it not having one... so we should tell him to get one installed... because maybe he doesnt know... heck the guy only has 9 posts... closing the post does not help any... it seems like any thread that comes up about a cat is closed... and i think thats BS... Heck half of the XJ's on here probly break lift laws so any lift questions should be closed too if thats the case... I have looked into being a supporter and what not myself but i wont be abusing my power by closing imformative posts... I WAS going to leave him a link to one thats cheap and Hi-Flow so that he could possibly get one... but wasnt able to because one of you closed it for no reason. Not trying to start a fight here but i think power careful is important...

if someone within the thread writes something stupid then delete there post and PM them... please dont delete a legit thread...

Last edited by huntingman2706217; 11-03-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

2X
Old 11-03-2009, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0L high output

3x
Old 11-03-2009, 03:51 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1995

Why would they care what I do with my Jeeps cat anyway, it's none of their business
Old 11-03-2009, 03:55 PM
MJ>XJ

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0 I6

Originally Posted by 95Cherokee
Why would they care what I do with my Jeeps cat anyway, it's none of their business
aahhh see now... im not trying to fight with them man... although i somewhat agree... but if someone asked how to kill somebody its there duty to take action... my only argment is deleting legit posts and threads... i just hope this becomes a discussion that we can resolve instead of someone just coming in and deleting the thread... although it should probly be moved to off topic and thats my bad...

Last edited by huntingman2706217; 11-03-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:14 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000

I believe its a legal issue your not supposed to discuss anything illegal on the form and a cat delete is illegal

there was a discussion a while back that they put and end to , then this stickey came up https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/cat...er-laws-24337/

HTH
Old 11-03-2009, 04:22 PM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L

As a mod on another forum I was thinking the same thing. If a chuckle head says something out of line I nuke the post not the hole thread. But your house your rules.
Just a observation from a noob here. Carry on.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Do you hear banjos?

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 95Cherokee
This is the ENTIRE problem!! It IS our business, regardless of what YOU think!! You are asking why we, as mods of this site, nuke all threads regarding the removal of cats, right? The reason is, that it sheds a bad light on our hobby, yours, and mine...AKA, MY business!! Off roading, if you have not noticed, is rapidly becoming something we "used" to do, because of diminishing rights. Why do you think that we are losing our rights? Is it the fact that we NEVER discuss illegal modifications to our rigs?? NOPE, it's not!! People come on here all of the time and post this kind of crap. People other than off roaders see this forum, BTW!! Greenies are looking for any reason at all to use something that we say or do to turn others away from our hobby!! So, to answer your question, we have been asked by the Administrators of CF to close any thread regarding cats. With this being said, I have to close it. If you don't like it, sorry, take it up with an admin member. I bet you wont like what they have to say either!!
Old 11-03-2009, 07:04 PM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by huntingman2706217
There is a post below mine where a guy asked if his jeep should have a Cat because there wasnt one when he got it...

i dont think this post should have been closed... its a real questions... he wasnt asking if he could take it off or something stupid like that... i understand that its illegal not to have one... and i dont support it not having one... so we should tell him to get one installed... because maybe he doesnt know... heck the guy only has 9 posts... closing the post does not help any... it seems like any thread that comes up about a cat is closed... and i think thats BS... Heck half of the XJ's on here probly break lift laws so any lift questions should be closed too if thats the case... I have looked into being a supporter and what not myself but i wont be abusing my power by closing imformative posts... I WAS going to leave him a link to one thats cheap and Hi-Flow so that he could possibly get one... but wasnt able to because one of you closed it for no reason. Not trying to start a fight here but i think power careful is important...

if someone within the thread writes something stupid then delete there post and PM them... please dont delete a legit thread...
his question was answered before the thread was closed btw

pm me if you wish to discuss this further

Last edited by ktmracer419; 11-03-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:16 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1987
Engine: 4.0 liter RENIX I-6, DIY Cold Air Intake, 2.5 FM Exhaust, 3 Core Radiator

I think COSXJFAN put it very well. I agree 110%. Our deminishing rights as 4wheelers is the same exact reason I fill the back of my Jeep with trail trash every time I go out on a trail and that I ensure I am being overly safe while driving off and especially on road. I want to be doing better than the next guy to show the public and police officers 4wheelers as a group care.