Budget Builds: What Junkyard Parts Will Fit Cherokee? - Page 3 - Jeep Cherokee Forum

Notices
Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Budget Builds: What Junkyard Parts Will Fit Cherokee?

Old 09-15-2010, 08:28 AM
  #31  
CF Veteran
 
Jamie57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,253
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Apparently the KJ Liberty uses the 8.25 factory rear end and the 2003 up disc brakes are a straight swap onto any other 8.25. Just have to find one in the bone yard!


opps didn't see #10 when I first looked at the brakes list.
Jamie57 is offline  
Old 09-15-2010, 08:49 AM
  #32  
CF Veteran
 
fantic238's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,383
Year: 1988 limited
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 litre
Default

I have ZJ shocks (1,5-2 longer) the front ones are bolt on, the rear will fit if you use the XJ pin that bolts to the body.
fantic238 is offline  
Old 09-15-2010, 04:09 PM
  #33  
CF Veteran
 
xj_maniac_newb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Summerville, Ga
Posts: 6,322
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 2.5 4 cyl.
Default

Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
84.5-86. Almost no one has them.
Ohhh, thought you were being sarcastic at first
xj_maniac_newb is offline  
Old 09-15-2010, 04:11 PM
  #34  
CF Veteran
 
Diesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wantage, NJ
Posts: 2,112
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default

Originally Posted by xj_maniac_newb View Post
Ohhh, thought you were being sarcastic at first
Na lol not a huge fan of sarcasm, for the most part serious.
Diesel is offline  
Old 09-15-2010, 04:20 PM
  #35  
CF Veteran
 
xj_maniac_newb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Summerville, Ga
Posts: 6,322
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 2.5 4 cyl.
Default

Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
Na lol not a huge fan of sarcasm, for the most part serious.
Really? i love sarcasm. Its the best way to tell how bright the person you're talking to is lol.
xj_maniac_newb is offline  
Old 09-15-2010, 05:19 PM
  #36  
Seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 320
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

has any one does the thunderbird coil swap? im interested in doing this how does it ride? im assuming since they come out of a car they should ride alot nicer then then ones out of a F150 or Bronco.
96Cherokee is offline  
Old 09-15-2010, 06:21 PM
  #37  
CF Veteran
 
Jamie57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,253
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by 96Cherokee View Post
has any one does the thunderbird coil swap? im interested in doing this how does it ride? im assuming since they come out of a car they should ride alot nicer then then ones out of a F150 or Bronco.
I was going to try that just the other day. I purchased some S10 springs form a guy parting out his wreck. I went to 4 wreckers nearby and they all gave the same answer on the price of USED 15-20 year old t-bird springs
$100 for the pair!
I'm in the wrong business. Where else can you turn a $300 investment (going price for a clapped out car) into a $25,000 cash cow.
I need BAD a 8.25 3.55 rear end cause my ring is chipped. I can get it rebuilt for about $500 but the wreckers want $1000 for one. If I had the place to do it I'd buy my own wreck and sell off the parts.

Sorry Rant off!

If you find someone who's tried it let me know.
Jamie57 is offline  
Old 09-15-2010, 06:50 PM
  #38  
CF Veteran
 
Jamie57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,253
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by mychero89 View Post
are the leaf springs from a 4x4 or 2wd s10
Aparently it doesn't matter. Just got a set off a blazer. Holy crap they're thick!
Jamie57 is offline  
Old 09-15-2010, 08:41 PM
  #39  
Seasoned Member
 
ArmyGraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Camp Casey South Korea
Posts: 413
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

I want to find the leafs off of a ZR2 S-10 because they came lifted from factory with 31s I believe. Anyone ever used these leafs? If so how much was the gain then?
Attached Images  
ArmyGraham is offline  
Old 09-15-2010, 08:45 PM
  #40  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NW PA
Posts: 138
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by Jamie57 View Post
I need BAD a 8.25 3.55 rear end cause my ring is chipped. I can get it rebuilt for about $500 but the wreckers want $1000 for one.
To bad your across the lake... I have one I'd give ya for 100....
Crunch is offline  
Old 09-16-2010, 07:38 AM
  #41  
Seasoned Member
 
Brett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NW Oregon
Posts: 381
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 High Outout I6
Default

Originally Posted by ArmyGraham View Post
I want to find the leafs off of a ZR2 S-10 because they came lifted from factory with 31s I believe. Anyone ever used these leafs? If so how much was the gain then?
the leafs from a zr2 are the same leafs as a stock s10 or s10 blazer the lift they have comes from the 3 inch hangers on the frame its like a stationary shackle on the front of the leaf springs
Brett is offline  
Old 09-16-2010, 08:05 AM
  #42  
CF Veteran
 
Jamie57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,253
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
To bad your across the lake... I have one I'd give ya for 100....
For a savings of $900 I'd drive to Buffalo!

Anyone in Michigan near Port Huron got one? It's only an hours drive away from me.
I would like to keep the 29 spline. No sense in going weaker than what I already have
Jamie57 is offline  
Old 09-16-2010, 09:39 AM
  #43  
Seasoned Member
 
ArmyGraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Camp Casey South Korea
Posts: 413
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by Brett View Post
the leafs from a zr2 are the same leafs as a stock s10 or s10 blazer the lift they have comes from the 3 inch hangers on the frame its like a stationary shackle on the front of the leaf springs
Well thats no fun..
ArmyGraham is offline  
Old 09-21-2010, 10:50 PM
  #44  
Seasoned Member
Thread Starter
 
RedZeppelinXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gaines, NY
Posts: 263
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L HO
Default

Originally Posted by GS Audio View Post
How is this possible? 96 and earlier have centered e-brake and the newer style has an off-set e-brake (out of the console).
yea me and my brother have a '99, a '96, and 2 '91s so I know it doesnt look like they work....but if you pull out your old center console you will see that you only need to bend your e-brake lever a little bit or put a small spacer in there to move it over enough to fit the newer center console......i have a feeling that someone just did that in a build thread recently IIRC.....i havent done it yet but if i spill one more thing due to a lack of cupholders i'll have to lol
RedZeppelinXJ is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 08:39 AM
  #45  
Seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 296
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6
Default

Originally Posted by RedZeppelinXJ View Post
yea me and my brother have a '99, a '96, and 2 '91s so I know it doesnt look like they work....but if you pull out your old center console you will see that you only need to bend your e-brake lever a little bit or put a small spacer in there to move it over enough to fit the newer center console......i have a feeling that someone just did that in a build thread recently IIRC.....i havent done it yet but if i spill one more thing due to a lack of cupholders i'll have to lol
If you do the mod or know the person that did, I'd love to see pics so I can see what's involved in making the console fit properly. Thanks
GS Audio is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Budget Builds: What Junkyard Parts Will Fit Cherokee?


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description: