Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Body panel replacement...i got in a wreak

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Exclamation Body panel replacement...i got in a wreak

so i rear-ended somebody yesterday and need to do some work on my front end. and no i dont ihave insurance on my jeep...i need to replace the header panel, the front right headlight, front bumper, front right bumper end, front right fender/fender flare, and front right headlight door. I need to know how to remove all of these parts...mainly the header panel and fender. I got all the parts from a parted out jeep for 250$. I still have to remove his parts to put onmy jeep. PLEASE HELP!!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:52 AM
"CF Moderator"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1994
Engine: l6 HO

Originally Posted by Rbngrt98xj
so i rear-ended somebody yesterday and need to do some work on my front end. and no i dont ihave insurance on my jeep...i need to replace the header panel, the front right headlight, front bumper, front right bumper end, front right fender/fender flare, and front right headlight door. I need to know how to remove all of these parts...mainly the header panel and fender. I got all the parts from a parted out jeep for 250$. I still have to remove his parts to put onmy jeep. PLEASE HELP!!
Real simple to replace header, start by taking off the front signals and go from there also the nuts that are under the hood. I have a diagram I will send you...Tj
Old 10-08-2010, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0 L

Remember the wiring for all the lights are in the header panel, there's a plug behind the drivers side headlight. After that it's all about find the bolt take it out. The fenders have bolts accessible with the doors open. Best advice is to learn on the donor vehicle, take the parts off of it first. good luck, have fun