Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

battery issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 04:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default battery issue

hey guys its been a while, so my ignition switch is fukt, i got it rigged where it will work but i cant find a t20 torx head bit with the small pin in the middle if anyone knows where i can get them please inform me, so i got it rigged to where the column if off of it and i gotta turn the key further than normal and manually pull it back so i dont burn out my starter. ok to the issue, so i get in the jeep and i just drove it for 15min no issue i let it warm up and all, i stop at a 711 get back in and i notice theres no lights inside or the radio i go to start it and i get nothing. i just charged my battery on a charger for 5 hrs the nite before, wut is going on here... im prety sure it has sumthing to do with ignition switch but that doesnt explain why i had no lights even when i opened the door.... so help guys!!! if need more details just comment
Old 12-16-2010, 04:25 AM
CF Veteran

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Year: 1989 xj sport 2dr
Engine: 12 hole bosch Injectors

Originally Posted by Minuslink
hey guys its been a while, so my ignition switch is fukt, i got it rigged where it will work but i cant find a t20 torx head bit with the small pin in the middle if anyone knows where i can get them please inform me, so i got it rigged to where the column if off of it and i gotta turn the key further than normal and manually pull it back so i dont burn out my starter. ok to the issue, so i get in the jeep and i just drove it for 15min no issue i let it warm up and all, i stop at a 711 get back in and i notice theres no lights inside or the radio i go to start it and i get nothing. i just charged my battery on a charger for 5 hrs the nite before, wut is going on here... im prety sure it has sumthing to do with ignition switch but that doesnt explain why i had no lights even when i opened the door.... so help guys!!! if need more details just comment
torx bit snapon or sear should have it
Old 12-16-2010, 04:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0L

take a dremel to the hex screw and grind out the center. harber freight has those hex tools cheep
Old 12-16-2010, 04:27 AM
CF Veteran

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Year: 1989 xj sport 2dr
Engine: 12 hole bosch Injectors

Originally Posted by greasemonky
take a dremel to the hex screw and grind out the center. harber freight has those hex tools cheep
keep forgetting about harbour freight