Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

? about coil spacers and shocks

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default ? about coil spacers and shocks

Not trying to double thread but I asked this question in the advanced forum because the instructions says thats where all the non oem questions go but after 50 views I got no answers so I figured I would ask you guys.

I want to add coil spacers to level out my XJ. I installed a add a leaf and now its nose diving. If I add 2" or less spacer will the stock shocks be long enough. Also I have one bump stop missing so I was wondering if I should replace them and since Im adding spacers should I extend the stops. The extent of wheeling I do is driving down a dirt road to hunt. Nothing that I feel would ever flex it enough to hit the stops anyway.

Suggestions on parts and where to purchase is appreciated as well

Thanks
Old 03-27-2012, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: l6 242

Originally Posted by gpeade
Not trying to double thread but I asked this question in the advanced forum because the instructions says thats where all the non oem questions go but after 50 views I got no answers so I figured I would ask you guys.

I want to add coil spacers to level out my XJ. I installed a add a leaf and now its nose diving. If I add 2" or less spacer will the stock shocks be long enough. Also I have one bump stop missing so I was wondering if I should replace them and since Im adding spacers should I extend the stops. The extent of wheeling I do is driving down a dirt road to hunt. Nothing that I feel would ever flex it enough to hit the stops anyway.

Suggestions on parts and where to purchase is appreciated as well

Thanks

for 2", your stock shocks will be fine.
as far as bump stops, i think you should be fine if its just a hunting rig. if you keep your sway bar connected, you wont get enough flex to need the bump stops.