Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

97-01 seats in my 95?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 12:56 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 2.5 4 cyl.
Default 97-01 seats in my 95?

Ive found some used leather seats out of a 4 door new model cherokee and i need to know if they'll work. Will they be user friendly for passengers in my 2 door? I actually do have passengers every now and again, so its an actual issue. Can i just use the tracks off my seats onto my jeep? What are my options for putting them in? And does anyone know an estimated price of what it would cost to have the driver seat reupholstered? all the other seats are good but the drivers seat has a rip. And with a newly upholstered drivers seat will the other seats look out of place with the one new one?
Old 09-15-2011, 01:11 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 99
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by xj_maniac_newb
Ive found some used leather seats out of a 4 door new cherokee and i need to know if they'll work. Will they be user friendly for passengers in my 2 door? I actually do have passengers every now and again, so its an actual issue. Can i just use the tracks off my seats onto my jeep? What are my options for putting them in? And does anyone know an estimated price of what it would cost to have the driver seat reupholstered? all the other seats are good but the drivers seat has a rip. And with a newly upholstered drivers seat will the other seats look out of place with the one new one?

should be good to go. but for all that effort consider GC seats- electric and a lot more comofrtable than XJ seats. there is a write up or two somewhere on here..
Old 09-15-2011, 01:16 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 2.5 4 cyl.

lol i would never be able to find the time to wire the electric seats in. Is there any way to maybe add the lever that allows the 2 door seats to lay forward to allow passengers in to be added to the newer 4 door seats? or do they already have this function?
Old 09-15-2011, 03:27 PM
CF Veteran

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

If you do the ZJ swap (write up in my sig) they'll bolt right in. You just have to pull the mounts and tracks off your current seats and put 'em on the ZJ seats. The issue you'll have is in the seats folding forward. You'll need to pull the lever mechanisms from your current seats and put them in the seats you get. If you're gonna do the swap, I'd highly recommend the ZJ seats are they're much more comfortable then the XJ seats.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 2001

Originally Posted by no rdplz
If you do the ZJ swap (write up in my sig) they'll bolt right in. You just have to pull the mounts and tracks off your current seats and put 'em on the ZJ seats. The issue you'll have is in the seats folding forward. You'll need to pull the lever mechanisms from your current seats and put them in the seats you get. If you're gonna do the swap, I'd highly recommend the ZJ seats are they're much more comfortable then the XJ seats.

If you need to switch the mounts and tracks off The XJ seats....do you lose the power functions that are with the ZJ seats?.....