Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

88-89 power window switch clip where do i get one??

Old 04-26-2010, 02:33 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 straight 6
Default 88-89 power window switch clip where do i get one??

I recently decided to replace my door speakers i noticed my window wasnt going up with out help so i figured id be able to mess with the window after fixing the speakers i took off the pass door panel unplugged the switch. 6 months later i diecide to just get a sticker and pop on the door panel again and reconnect the switch. While doing so i noticed i forgot to put the door handle rods back on so i had to remove the switch from the plasitc trimm first all the sudden ting then i watched as the clip fell into the grass next to me after it bounced off my rocker panel and landed never to be seen again. I had a buddy use a metal detector to try and locate it. Nothing all metal other then the clip so this is hopeless mind u it rained the day before i scanned but i looked the day i lost it and couldent find it so now my window switch hangs loosely the only blemish in the whole interior everything is mint besides a saggy headliner cloth. Any ideas or anyone who has a spare clip and would part with it would be greatly appreciated i would hate to have to use goop or something to hold it in place.

Last edited by 4wheeldrivenewbie; 04-26-2010 at 02:36 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:42 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0

Window switches you can find on E-bay (whole sets) or The local junk yard. And commonly break down, (especially the drivers side). Also while the door panel apart. It pays to replace the clips on the door locking rods. Also commonly break apart. (there cheap, and easy to do. Available at auto parts stores) Beats replacing them later.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:50 AM
Seasoned Member

Depends on where you live no?? i hate to say it but alot of loaded jeeps are never scrapped ive been searching and i live in a state where alot of ppl own jeeps mind you and no junkyyeard so far has had a jeep with power windows or locks. but let me ask you this would a switch from a grand cherokee work fit in the same or one from a pioneer 2 door looking one if i could use something like that i would i have I found a couple grand cherokees idk if the switch would be the same?? i have yet to locate an 88 or 89 with my switch
Old 04-29-2010, 02:05 AM
Seasoned Member

ok ive finally located a rear drivers side door handle and switch at this point in unsure if this switch will have the clip on it i need all the clip does is hold the switch in place will the rear door have it mind you its 20$ on ebay and all i need is the clip so if it will have it i might deff buy it i dont wanna have to take off the back door handle and look so im hoping someone here will know if it has the clip im looking for thankz